Us Passport Renewal

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Anyone had any experience with US passport renewal on line .... I have all the info from the website and I have a sister-in-law living in Manila so I thought I might try it that way .... not required till Sept of next year but I want to be prepared just in case I have to journey to Cebu ....

:cheersty:  

jon1
Posted
Posted

I renewed mine in 2011. I had to send the application, old passport to the Embassy via their prescribed carrier. After the package was received I had to pay for the application (you can't send a check or money with the application). Once notified, you have to pay the fee at the US Embassy (I gave the printout plus a letter of authorization to a friend of mine to pay it at the Embassy). Once the payment is received it took me about 2 weeks to receive my new and old passport. 

Hardest part was being around when the passport was delivered (they won't give you a morning or afternoon, just the day) and will only release it to you.

• Like 1

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Thanks jon1 .... hopefully everything will remain the same until the end of next year ..... :thumbsup:

:cheersty:

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

. hopefully everything will remain the same until the end of next year .

:hystery:  The Average Man can Hold his Breath 3/4 mins max, I wouldn't want to try any longer on this statement Mike. :unsure:

Lets hope ( Well I will hope for you) that the US don't do as the UK has done and Close ALL Embassy Passport Sections and Do it all from the US as it is now, from the UK

JP

• Like 2