You Can Safely Drink The Purple Koolaid Here!

i am bob
Posted
Posted

I knew the water in Davao coming from the tap is potable and, I've been told but not yet confirmed, the water here was ranked as the #2 best water system in the world.

My question is this: does any other place in the Philippines have a water system with potable water?

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

There are many places with great drinking water coming right out of the tap.  Most of them are in rural areas.  The reason I do not drink from the tap is it is not consistent.  Don't fool yourself into thinking someone tests the municipal water each day to be sure no contaminants are in the supply.  Probably good 999 days out of 1000 though.

PS:  Have to admit that the same stat is good for bottled water.  As in 999 out of 1000 bottles of water are great but there is no way of being sure if the guy who cleaned your bottle before filling it was having a good day.  In my years here I have had 2 bad bottles of water (both from the same place before I figured it out) but I have an intestinal tract that is more sensitive to bacteria than most peoples.

• Like 2

jon1
Posted
Posted

From what I understand, the water in most areas is treated so as to be consumable. The problem seems to be the pipes in which it is delivered to the customers. Or if you have a water tank on the roof the tank itself is not completely sanitary. Bottom line is I do not know anyone personally who drinks tap water if they can afford bottled.

That is my concern with the water here in the Freeport. I doubt that any of the feed lines have been replaced and then what about the houses (50+ years old)? I drink from bottled water only and boil tap water for cooking. 

• Like 2

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Trust me, even though the water here is tested monthly, i still go for the bottle water. It's nice to know i won't die (hopefully) if i end up with tap water in a drink when I'm out!

:D

• Like 3

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

I know an expat who drinks the tap water here in Subic Freeport, but I wouldn't.  I have not had any problems with using a bit for tooth brushing, ect.

• Like 3

robert k
Posted
Posted

Timely thread! I just found out today why I have been having a mild case of loose bowels. My Girl's family has been feeding me tap water, in fact they were telling me with pride that they always drink the tap water, that there is no Typhoid or Cholera outbreaks. It was tough to diplomatically explain that while there may be no major diseases there are more breeds of E-coli than there are of dogs and they had been making me sick. I usually have a cast iron gut. Thank God I had been brushing my teeth and such with the local water to get weak doses of whatever's in it. I would give them the 57 piso a week if they would go back on  purified water!

• Like 2

jpbago
Posted
Posted
Timely thread! I just found out today why I have been having a mild case of loose bowels.

My wife, myself and about 10 others have been having LLBMs lately and are wondering WHY. We drink, well my wife and I anyways, alkaline water all the time. Some say that it is because of the cool weather and strong breezes but I don't buy that unless e-coli is blowing in the wind. We are from 4 different houses so we have been eating different foods from each other. We don't dare fart unless we are sitting on the CR. We haven't taken any meds hoping that it will run it's course. 

Did you know that diarrhea is genetic? It runs in your genes!!!

• Like 5

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

My question is this: does any other place in the Philippines have a water system with potable water?

http://www.godumaguete.com/negros-oriental-infrastructure.html

Scroll down to water Bob and anyone else interested.

JP :tiphat:

• Like 2

lonewolf
Posted
Posted

my rule of thumb is if the majority of the local buy bottled water you better do the same

• Like 2