Popemobile Revealed

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

post-1-0-55978600-1420883747_thumb.jpg

Pope Francis will be riding the first jeepney converted into a popemobile, the unofficial designation for any motor vehicle used by the leader of the Roman Catholic Church, during his visit to Manila.

When he does, the US military war horse ingenious Filipinos turned into a public transport vehicle will drive into automotive history.

The white popemobile is built on a brand-new jeepney chassis, converted to a secure platform to give the faithful a good view of the Pontiff. It is every inch a Philippine jeepney, from the long bumper with steel “bull bar” up front, to the stainless steel strips adorning the sides, to the checkered plate metal step at the rear.

The papal coat of arms adorns the hood, roof and sides and includes the emblem of the Society of Jesus, an eight-pointed star symbolizing the Virgin Mary, and a spikenard representing St. Joseph. On each of the jeepney’s flanks, is a glass cross, sculpted by renowned artist Ramon Orlina.

Full story

http://globalnation.inquirer.net/116934/pope-francis-to-tour-manila-in-custom-made-jeepney/

• Like 2

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted (edited)

Scary to think a HEAD OF STATE would risk his life in this,

if the smog or pollution doesn't suffocate, or kill him. the sometimes drugged/drunk driver may

just hope his travels is not on the elevated  SLEX

I am disappointed that he is not using the POPE Tricycle

.its more People or POPE friendly and environmental safe

post-1293-0-74950800-1420798376.jpg

Edited by Pittman apartments Sgn
  • Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
if the smog or pollution doesn't suffocate, or kill him. the sometimes drugged/drunk driver may

I don't think the popemobile will be driving amongst any traffic at all. The roads will be closed.

• Like 1

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Is it still 8 pesos to ride?

:D

• Like 1

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

The tricycle popemobile is probably inspired by a stunt. A well known comedian dressed as a priest pedaled outside a Republican convention. He had built a portable confessional in the back inviting delegates to confess their political sins. He was stopped twice by police officers, but the comedian had a pedicab license. This was the time before high security. The film was hilarious. Various news channel interviewed him after the stunt.