Police Clearance Report For Srrv Visa

philosophery
Posted
Posted

Need your help. I am a US citizen. How does one get a police clearance report for the SRRV Visa? I moved to Cebu but came from Connecticut.

Thanks in advance for your advise.

intrepid
Posted
Posted

philosophery,

First off, I'm pretty sure if you have been in the Philippines more than six months you will not need one from the US.  You will need to get it from the local jurisdiction where you are currently living such as your local Barangay Captain.

If you have lived there less than six months you can try obtaining one from the FBI.  But usually is much harder than necessary. 

Easier is to get from you local police or sheriff's office.  Once you have that there is a process to have it authenticated ted at Philippine Embassy in the US before being sent to you in the Philippines.  But there are other steps first.  For example in Maryland, after obtaining it from the police and notarized it has to be authenticated at the local court clerk.  Next it has to be authenticated by the Maryland Department of State.  Then it will go the Philippine Embassy to be authenticated and sealed.

Hope tis helps

• Like 1

MikeB
Posted
Posted

According to this the police clearance from country of origin is only needed if the date of your last entry is less then 30 days. Either way you will need an NBI clearance. Go to the NBI office somewhere near the Capital and get it. If you are 60 or over, identify yourself as such and they will give you priority. "Priority" meaning you get to cut in front of people who have been waiting hours who typically are not too pleased about some foreigner getting VIP treatment. But you probably won't be able to understand what they say (and yell).

Best to ask the PRA directly for the current requirements; these things change, often w/o rhyme or reason, and web sites are not always updated. 

• Like 3

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
"Priority" meaning you get to cut in front of people who have been waiting hours who typically are not too pleased about some foreigner getting VIP treatment. But you probably won't be able to understand what they say (and yell).

In defense of the Filipino people, been there, done that (NBI clearance).  The line had to have over 100 people, and the guard led me and the wife to the head of the line when she told them I was over 60.  I did not hear any grumbling at all from people in the line, no show of anger or resentment whatsoever.  One thing I love about the Philippines is the respect and courtesy shown to elders.  :thumbsup:

• Like 3

earthdome
Posted
Posted

Check with the PRA to see if they have a staff member to assist you to obtain the SRRV. I live in Baguio and met a staff member from the PRA who's sole job was to assist foreigners to get their SRRV. I know someone he helped get the US military veteran version of the SRRV.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
BC57
Posted
Posted

Hi,

If you are in the PH longer than 6 months you said just go to your local Barangay Captain. How does this person run a background check on you and is this background check from the USA or just your last six months while you were in the PH? Just curious. I see a ton of questions across the Internet about the police clearance question. Thanks in advance.

philosophery,

First off, I'm pretty sure if you have been in the Philippines more than six months you will not need one from the US.  You will need to get it from the local jurisdiction where you are currently living such as your local Barangay Captain.

If you have lived there less than six months you can try obtaining one from the FBI.  But usually is much harder than necessary. 

Easier is to get from you local police or sheriff's office.  Once you have that there is a process to have it authenticated ted at Philippine Embassy in the US before being sent to you in the Philippines.  But there are other steps first.  For example in Maryland, after obtaining it from the police and notarized it has to be authenticated at the local court clerk.  Next it has to be authenticated by the Maryland Department of State.  Then it will go the Philippine Embassy to be authenticated and sealed.

Hope tis helps

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
I see a ton of questions across the Internet about the police clearance question

BC...welcome to the forum, I suggest that you start a new topic and describe what you are trying to accomplish. As you can see this topic is over a year old and things not only change here in the Philippines over time, but sometimes from government office branch to office branch lolol :1 (103): .

Again, welcome

Petey
Posted
Posted

"Priority" meaning you get to cut in front of people who have been waiting hours who typically are not too pleased about some foreigner getting VIP treatment. But you probably won't be able to understand what they say (and yell).

In defense of the Filipino people, been there, done that (NBI clearance).  The line had to have over 100 people, and the guard led me and the wife to the head of the line when she told them I was over 60.  I did not hear any grumbling at all from people in the line, no show of anger or resentment whatsoever.  One thing I love about the Philippines is the respect and courtesy shown to elders.  :thumbsup:

Its good that you get shown this.

My father who is 67 has never been shown an ounce of respect from anyone here. People will push past him or, jump the queue etc. He actually got physically pulled out of a jeepney because there was a family that wanted the seating.