Do Men Really Want To Get Married?

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted (edited)

Do men really want to get married? http://www.cnn.com/2009/LIVING/personal/07...ried/index.html"Real men" are perceived as committing "till death do us part" for the wrong reasons -- they marry out of convenience or under duress, and they acquiesce, kicking and screaming all the way to the altar. Why do man and women cheat on their partners? I cannot speak to women cheating but I have seen some guys who are married to or living with women that most men would give their right arm to sleep with, yet those same men cheat on those ladies and I cannot understand why they do it? If those ladies are not satisfying their needs, then why don't they teach them how to or dump them and find someone better instead of sleeping around. In the Philippines I have watch some such men swapping spit with bar girls out in the open and then taking those bar girls out of the bar, so I wonder why they do it?

Edited by Mr. Lee

• 2 weeks later...
tom_shor
Posted
Posted
Do men really want to get married? http://www.cnn.com/2009/LIVING/personal/07...ried/index.html"Real men" are perceived as committing "till death do us part" for the wrong reasons -- they marry out of convenience or under duress, and they acquiesce, kicking and screaming all the way to the altar. Why do man and women cheat on their partners? I cannot speak to women cheating but I have seen some guys who are married to or living with women that most men would give their right arm to sleep with, yet those same men cheat on those ladies and I cannot understand why they do it? If those ladies are not satisfying their needs, then why don't they teach them how to or dump them and find someone better instead of sleeping around. In the Philippines I have watch some such men swapping spit with bar girls out in the open and then taking those bar girls out of the bar, so I wonder why they do it?
Because they can. The same reason those guys climb Everest. There is nothing up there so why go to all that trouble. (Because we can)

TheMason
Posted
Posted

I just finished reading The Risk Pool by Richard Russo and there was a great line in there by a man who was explaining why he was estranged from his wife. "She thinks she's got the pussy market cornered."A wife does not have the market cornered, that is why men cheat.

twostrokes
Posted
Posted
You answered your own question in your statement. "I have seen some guys who are married to or living with women that most men would give their right arm to sleep with"That exact mentality is what makes men cheat....It is just that some men are too afraid of their wife to follow through with their desires....A well placed fear I might add, as a wife can do many things to destroy a man one way or another and make that piece of strange stuff very very expensive...