Ship Building

intrepid
Posted
Posted (edited)

Me??? To stay busy, I would rather empty the bottles to build the ships in.

:rolleyes:  :attention:   Well if there is a job doing this, Count me in, I'll do 7 days a week. :mocking:

Well, Jack there is!  You can join me and help out any time.  It's what I do to pass time when nothing else to do. :attention:  But not in a bottle anymore, its too small!

Edit, how do you rotate pictures?

post-1290-0-61860000-1421862570_thumb.jp

post-1290-0-74042700-1421862586_thumb.jp

post-1290-0-31962200-1421862620_thumb.jp

post-1290-0-78300300-1421862633_thumb.jp

Edited by intrepid
  • Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Edit, how do you rotate pictures?

You do it on your computer before uploading. If you have like windows live photo gallery for an example its just a click of a button.

post-1-0-67149600-1421889733_thumb.jpg

post-1-0-42347200-1421889980_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

intrepid
Posted
Posted

Thanks for its own thread. 

As for the pictures, I'm using a mac and the pictures were in the correct orientation before uploading to the forum.  After uploading they were somehow rotated.  I didn't see an option to rotate back after uploading.  But then again I don't know much about these xxxx computers.

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Thanks for its own thread. 

As for the pictures, I'm using a mac and the pictures were in the correct orientation before uploading to the forum.  After uploading they were somehow rotated.  I didn't see an option to rotate back after uploading.  But then again I don't know much about these xxxx computers.

There is no option to rotate once uploaded unless they are uploaded to the gallery rather than as attachment.If you were too put them in a gallery folder you could then use the My media button in this editor to post.With widows the other option to rotate is right click the image when its in a folder on your computer and select rotate but no idea how a mac works so thats no use to you.

• Like 1

lonewolf
Posted
Posted

a friend when I was in the army showed me how to take cardboard like cereal boxes cut in sectionsof hull the using fingers shape it glue two gethere with deck and spray with black paint and it would make a rigid hull the n continues to make othe parts. he also show me how to do ships in a bottle. but its been a long time since I ve done it. maybe I ll try my hand in it again

• Like 1

Huggybearman
Posted
Posted

That's a really impressive model. I guess radio controlled? I used to do scale ship modelling, including radio controlled submarines, years ago and then moved on to radio controlled model aircraft.

I have been looking for Model shops or clubs in the Philippines but without success. Does anyone know of any?

• Like 2

intrepid
Posted
Posted

That's a really impressive model. I guess radio controlled? I used to do scale ship modelling, including radio controlled submarines, years ago and then moved on to radio controlled model aircraft.

I have been looking for Model shops or clubs in the Philippines but without success. Does anyone know of any?

Thanks Huggybearman,

Yes it is radio control.  Just one of the fleet with many hours in the build.  I tried aircraft for a while but after a couple crashes with the loss of all those hours building I decided I would rather go for a swim if something failed.  Haven't tried a submarine,...yet.  Had been considering recently a Gato Class.  Maybe after getting settled there next year.  Been spending a lot of time the past several weeks sorting through my collection and deciding what to sell, keep and ship from built to unbuilt.  I know I collected too many models and plans.  Just never will have the time to complete all of them.  But that's okay, I enjoy just looking at them from time to time.  As far as hobby shops there are many in the Manila area.  But most have the cheaper off the shelf ready to go.  I did locate one shop a few years ago that carried most of the needed supplies for scratch builders like me and could get requested items if you could wait.  I don't know about any shops in CDO, sorry.

• Like 1

earthdome
Posted
Posted

What about those small drone hover aircraft with camera's? Those would be neat to play with.

• Like 2

Huggybearman
Posted
Posted

Thanks Huggybearman,

Yes it is radio control.  Just one of the fleet with many hours in the build.  I tried aircraft for a while but after a couple crashes with the loss of all those hours building I decided I would rather go for a swim if something failed.  Haven't tried a submarine,...yet.  Had been considering recently a Gato Class.  Maybe after getting settled there next year.  Been spending a lot of time the past several weeks sorting through my collection and deciding what to sell, keep and ship from built to unbuilt.  I know I collected too many models and plans.  Just never will have the time to complete all of them.  But that's okay, I enjoy just looking at them from time to time.  As far as hobby shops there are many in the Manila area.  But most have the cheaper off the shelf ready to go.  I did locate one shop a few years ago that carried most of the needed supplies for scratch builders like me and could get requested items if you could wait.  I don't know about any shops in CDO, sorry.

The Gato is an impressive subject for a working model. A friend of mine built one. About 6 feet in length, with a sophisticated ballast system. Mine were much simpler, dynamic diving models. But at least they would surface again unless it got snagged. Ideal for swimming pools. As you pointed out, the only shops I've found are really toy shops. I haven't seen any of the more traditional model shops.

What about those small drone hover aircraft with camera's? Those would be neat to play with.

That's what I am into now. I have a couple of the DJI Phantom drones, one without a camera, just for messing about with, the other has a Go-Pro Hero 4 camera. Gives stunning results and they are very easy to fly. In fact they can be programmed to fly themselves and return automatically to the launch point if it loses signal or gets low on battery.

• Like 2

intrepid
Posted
Posted

Yes they do look interesting.  And who knows, maybe in the future I'll try one.  But so far my interest has stuck with the USCG subject matter.  My first was at age 13 and still cannot build enough.  Mostly the small boats in the rescue class and patrol boats.  I wanted to have one of each they use.  The problem with that is they build newer models faster than I can build my models! :lol: But anyway latter I expanded to some of the smaller ships.  I guess it's  :no:  the colors.  I get tired of all gray but do like some of the USN ships. 

• Like 2