Palawan - Honda Bay Day 1

earthdome
Posted
Posted

If you like ziplines there is a nice one starting at a rock spire somewhere on the road to the underground river. Our tour asked if the group wanted to stop for the zipline on the way, and we did. Nice ride.

We also did Honda Bay but only went to Cowrie Island.

In the evenings we enjoyed drinks and a good band from Manila at the Tiki Bar.

• Like 1

MacBubba
Posted
Posted
The tour guide was exceptional! Very knowledgeable lady and very friendly. The price we paid for the tour was money well spent to me.

That's been our Palawan experience by and large.  Palawan takes tourism seriously.  If the rest of the country could emulate them, they would be raking in more tourist dollars.

• Like 2

FlyAway
Posted
Posted

If you like ziplines there is a nice one starting at a rock spire somewhere on the road to the underground river. Our tour asked if the group wanted to stop for the zipline on the way, and we did. Nice ride.

We also did Honda Bay but only went to Cowrie Island.

In the evenings we enjoyed drinks and a good band from Manila at the Tiki Bar.

We really wanted to do the zip lines but a few in our group had to catch a van to El Nido. That killed it because everyone would have had to agree to it.

Guy F.
Posted
Posted (edited)

The wife & I visited Puerto Princesa in 2013 and I loved it. "The City In A Forest" because they don't allow buildings over 3 stories high. Littering will get you a fine for the 1st offense and jail for the 2nd. Our guide for the city tour was Aissa (pronounced eye-sah) who was truly great. The snorkeling in Honda Bay was excellent, I thought.

Edited by Guy F.
  • Like 2

GregZ
Posted
Posted

We did Honda Bay in 2013 and found it nice, but a bit murky in the water and there was no storm around the stir things up.  You could not see much sea life at all.  We, unfortunately I suppose, snorkeled at Moalboal, Cebu island first.  That was clear and beautiful with LOTS of colorful sea life to check out.  It is a bit out of the way though and nothing much else around it... so that is all you'd be going for.

Honda Bay positives were the boat ride, seeing the different islands (we went to 4), nice lunch that someone else put the effort into and lots of good photo session spots above water. :thumbsup:   We had an underwater camera available, but the murky water killed the pics.  :th_unfair: 

• Like 2