Manila Stopover, Where To Stay

mogo51
Posted
Posted

Gf and I will be arriving Mania next month late at night 11pm, we want to stay near the bus station  near Partas

buses heading north, Pasay.  Anybody had to do this and could you recommend a decent but moderate hotel?

We will take a night bus as gf wants to see her daughter before we head north. Thank you.

• Like 1

BrettGC
Posted
Posted

I like Tune hotels, they're affordable and same standard all over the world.  Most are relatively new too.  Just do a web search for Tune Hotels and you're done.

• Like 2

mogo51
Posted
Posted

I like Tune hotels, they're affordable and same standard all over the world.  Most are relatively new too.  Just do a web search for Tune Hotels and you're done.

thanks Brett, know of them, but never stayed at them, are beds reasonably comfortable, have back issues?

mogo51
Posted
Posted

I like Tune hotels, they're affordable and same standard all over the world.  Most are relatively new too.  Just do a web search for Tune Hotels and you're done.See

thanks Brett, know of them, but never stayed at them, are beds reasonably comfortable, have back issues?

See you are from  Gold Coast, same here.

BrettGC
Posted
Posted

Higher quality standard motel issue mattress in the ones I've stayed in in Cebu, Manila (Makati) and Davao.  Rooms and entire premises are always immaculately clean, good wi-fi, hot water, aircon.  They're actually my preference when staying somewhere for just a couple of days.

BrettGC
Posted
Posted

I like Tune hotels, they're affordable and same standard all over the world.  Most are relatively new too.  Just do a web search for Tune Hotels and you're done.See

Yes mate, Miami High lad for a couple of years, then ran away to the navy for about 20 :)  Live in Burleigh now.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted (edited)
know of them, but never stayed at them

Tune Hotels

I love them when they are offering a special (their regular rates are high) and traveling alone, but I find they are minuscule rooms, smallest I have ever stayed at with a partner (have stayed in small when travelling alone but you mentioned bringing your wife).

They may suit your needs on that day if you don't have too much luggage.  I remember having to climb over my luggage to get from bed to door because there is just no space.

Edited by Dave Hounddriver
  • Like 1

BrettGC
Posted
Posted
They may suit your needs on that day if you don't have too much luggage.  I remember having to climb over my luggage to get from bed to door because there is just no space.

Very true, I solved it by getting a twin single room last time I was in Cebu, more floor space, but I was by myself.  Oh, no fridge in any I've stayed in. 

Wow, just checked the current prices, that's about double what I paid for a mid-week booking on my last trip to Cebu just over a month ago, but I was a walk-in.  Maybe the difference?

jpbago
Posted
Posted

We stayed at Tune Aseana near NAIA recently for about $35. As stated, they are small rooms but clean and new. For sleeping and a shower, it was good. One thing that I did not like is that the electronic safe is fastened to a small plexi-glass stand that could easily be carried out the door. The door key card is used to activate the elevator, not sure if it is just for your floor or not. No wifi in the room but they had 2 or 3 PCs in the lobby. Pretty girls at the front desk.

mogo51
Posted
Posted

Yes mate, Miami High lad for a couple of years, then ran away to the navy for about 20 :)  Live in Burleigh now.

Tweed Head when married, then Hope Island and Surfers until 6 months ago, now inThailand but will eventually move to Phils, with Filipino gf who is a teacher here.  Will you move full time to Asia when the time is appropriate.