Electrical Contractor And Iron Security Work In Quezon City/novaliches/fairview?

John Michael Kane
Posted
Posted

I'm looking at a potential office space in Novaliches which has a great price, but needs some electrical work done before it can be move in ready. Does anyone here have a recommendation for an electrician who can give us a price quote for what needs to be done? It is a large job. A new main panel would have to be installed, plus a separate one for an A/C unit, circuit breakers and in-wall wiring. Any pointers on who might be available to do the work?

Also, is there any way to verify that the contractor is certified and actually knows what they are doing, and is safe? I've seen some really questionable construction here in the Philippines and wouldn't mind paying extra for someone who does a fantastic job. Any phone numbers/websites/pointers would be great!

Lastly, I need some metal security doors and bars installed. It would be three doors and several windows. Likewise, any pointing in the right direction would be fantastic!

chris49
Posted
Posted

I'm looking at a potential office space in Novaliches which has a great price, but needs some electrical work done before it can be move in ready. Does anyone here have a recommendation for an electrician who can give us a price quote for what needs to be done? It is a large job. A new main panel would have to be installed, plus a separate one for an A/C unit, circuit breakers and in-wall wiring. Any pointers on who might be available to do the work?

Also, is there any way to verify that the contractor is certified and actually knows what they are doing, and is safe? I've seen some really questionable construction here in the Philippines and wouldn't mind paying extra for someone who does a fantastic job. Any phone numbers/websites/pointers would be great!

Lastly, I need some metal security doors and bars installed. It would be three doors and several windows. Likewise, any pointing in the right direction would be fantastic!

Well mate, you are asking for a lot there. I built a house in West Fairview but I'm currently living up north.

Mate, you need an Ironworks shop and there are a few around the area. Can't you, your partner scout that out. They will work on contact and it's tricky. But iron is hard to totally screw up, unlike the electrical work.

Mate , qualified electricians around Fairview, Novaliches, QC, have got a noose around your neck when it comes to major work like that.

I had stuff done, got burned a bit, but the work was ok. I don't have current contacts.

But here's what I would do. Scout round any home building sites or commercial areas where construction is going on. Try to get referred to a guy who will come out and give an estimate. Now get a list of all the materials he will need (Step 1) and tell him you will pay him daily. They get good money these guys like 800/day and more. But ok if you go to a reputable hardware like Wilcon** there on Commonwealth opposite Pure Gold and buy all that stuff. Then get back to him, if he wants the work. If not get someone else.

** Yes, you can get all that stuff in Raon, Quiapo at 1/3 the cost or less. Some of it is good stuff, from China of course and definitely you could save money there. However Wilcon is the original product...buy top of the line there for your safety. Don't buy cheap at Wilcon it's also the Class A stuff same as Raon.

Hope it helps. That's all I can offer.

What Barangay? What area in Novaliches? What's the nearest main road?

• Like 1

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted

Brother, everything Chris says is true and a good perspective.

Trying to read between the lines, it seems that you are looking for stateside quality of work, guarantees and service at Philippine prices. It can be had, you will see most of the large projects are done by either international construction firms or very large Filipino ones. But you will pay the price.

From personal experience when we built our home from the ground up. We used an architect (family member naturally) who recommended a foreman and his crew (all members of the same family) who told us what he needed. He would tell us where to go and who had the best quality etc. We would look and decide, buy and have it delivered to the site. All the work passed all the city inspections.

Another example, our architect (the family member) actually designs and supervises all the new construction of a nationwide hamburger company (army/navy). Yet he doesn't have a website, nor is he listed in the local equivalent of the yellow pages and works out of his house. Almost everything here is done by word of mouth, family members, friends of family members or someone who knows someone.

Not saying what  your looking for isn't out there, but your gonna pay for it.

Good luck :cheersty:

• Like 1

chris49
Posted
Posted (edited)

Brother, everything Chris says is true and a good perspective.

Trying to read between the lines, it seems that you are looking for stateside quality of work, guarantees and service at Philippine prices. It can be had, you will see most of the large projects are done by either international construction firms or very large Filipino ones. But you will pay the price.

From personal experience when we built our home from the ground up. We used an architect (family member naturally) who recommended a foreman and his crew (all members of the same family) who told us what he needed. He would tell us where to go and who had the best quality etc. We would look and decide, buy and have it delivered to the site. All the work passed all the city inspections.

Another example, our architect (the family member) actually designs and supervises all the new construction of a nationwide hamburger company (army/navy). Yet he doesn't have a website, nor is he listed in the local equivalent of the yellow pages and works out of his house. Almost everything here is done by word of mouth, family members, friends of family members or someone who knows someone.

Not saying what  your looking for isn't out there, but your gonna pay for it.

Good luck :cheersty:

Right Scott. We bought most of the materials (roof was a separate contract) and we tried to buy good stuff within reason. That's about as far as I would take it. Our foreman also ran a family show, but he didn't bring all the workers each day. He brought what he thought he needed. He was able to do the plumbing and got in an electrician.  If you try to take it outside the box, insisting on US or higher standards, the more they have you in the noose. You never know really. I prefer local standard using higher level materials and you better be there 100% of the time.

I built also a small house here up north. Different system, I used relatives and family....all rounders who can do anything basic. But finishing work also just basic. Suited our needs. Used good materials and watched the ratios on the cement mix. And again, me and Gina, 100% presence.  I went out for half a day and they started a back wall up to 3 blocks above the foundation. Neglected to allow for a door which was clearly on my sketch. Never used a plan. But we did in QC..

Edited by chris49
  • Like 1

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
He brought what he thought he needed

Wow,,,our guys just lived on site lololol. First day I got  list of materials from the foreman. Basic stuff to get started. (pretty much bare earth) The list included about 10 sheets of plywood,,,wondered what they needed all that for at the beginning. It was to build their "barracks". :1 (103):  :999:  :lol:  :hystery: .

chris49
Posted
Posted

He brought what he thought he needed

Wow,,,our guys just lived on site lololol. First day I got  list of materials from the foreman. Basic stuff to get started. (pretty much bare earth) The list included about 10 sheets of plywood,,,wondered what they needed all that for at the beginning. It was to build their "barracks". :1 (103):  :999:  :lol:  :hystery: .

Yes Scott, they lived on site. But he did not use each laborer on a daily basis. The hard laborers non skilled did live somewhere locally, not part of his group.

Commonly a foreman with all round skills will ask a higher rate eg...800 including a laborer he says....500/300 the split. He is clever to use the laborer only when needed but still gets the 800/day. I let it go because I was happy with the work.

I later found out the laborers only got 250 off the foreman. Not my problem. that's the way it works. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
billygoat993
Posted
Posted

I can recommend our electrician he was the one who installed all the wirings, lights etc in our home. Our home was finished 2013 he did a good job and the price he gave is very reasonable even though I am white. His name

Is Ruel +63 999 490 5870.