Diving

Diver Dan
Posted
Posted

Thanks for the greetings. I must be slow 'cuz it took me long enough to find this forum.

Diving here in RP is beautiful. I dove Sogud Bay years ago and also dove Liloan, Leyte. But being a commercial diver for 30+ years in WA & AK its a bussmans holiday. Best dive I've never done is Tubataha. Most scenic I HAVE done.. Apo Island with Mike in Dumageti

Diver Dan
Posted
Posted

Right you are Dave. Mike gets the nod from me.

Cheers!

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Dan, as you have dived commercially in the NW did you ever harvest Geoduck? I live within sight of Puget Sound but never was able to catch one of the darn things.

If my wife and I had no children I think we would build a house and live part of every year on Sogod Bay Leyte. It is far from hospitals and any kinda things found in Manila or Cebu City but then thats part of the charm of the area. 

Sadly I never did dive Apo missed my chance. Likely the best in Philippines.

What are your thoughts on living in Leyte compared to other areas? 

Diver Dan
Posted
Posted

Old55

I did geoducks in Puget Sound for a couple years but I was married to a Jamestown Tribal gal then. The state divers got less money. Most of my diving was sea cucumbers and sea urchins.

Southern Leyte is OK but now I've settled in Calubian just across from Biliran. Nice here but the diving is not as scenic.

The medical issue is not the best but if Cebu is just a boat ride away. I wish my Medicare worked here.

Regards

• Like 1