New Reduced Flag Drop Rate For Taxi's

Gator
Posted
Posted (edited)

Effective today is a 10 peso reduction in the flag-down rate for taxi's nationwide.

From Sunstar:

The Land Transportation Franchising and Regulatory Board (LTFRB) announced on Friday that the P10 cut in the flag-down rate of taxicabs was prompted by the continuous decrease in the prices of fuel in the world market.

The board said there is no need to recalibrate the taxi meters to reflect the new rates.

Taxi drivers will only deduct P10 from the total fare.

I can see the rip-off artists, otherwise known as taxi driver's, in MNL readily complying with this; yeah right, in your dreams, lol. Probably easier to pay the meter and deduct the 10 pesos from their tip :)

Full article: http://www.sunstar.com.ph/davao/local-news/2015/03/08/new-taxi-rate-starts-396380

Edited by Gator
  • Like 2

chris49
Posted
Posted

Yeah well, there goes the tip and the price round off.

That is is you find a taxi driver will to use the meter when they get an ex pat passenger. Usually it's a minute or 2 negotiation while they explain why the trip will cost more.

Huggybearman
Posted
Posted

Some taxis in Cagayan de Oro have been displaying a 10 peso reduction notice for a couple of weeks now which I found quite refreshing.

A marked change from the Manila taxi mafia.

Ken

• Like 1

i am bob
Posted
Posted

I was in a taxi earlier today... The meter didn't reset from the previous fare when he dropped us off, he didn't charge us!

Only in Davao! :D

• Like 2