K-1 Visa

rfhypnos
Posted
Posted

Now in Bohol for nearly four months thinking my fiancé and I would soon be completing her visa requirements and we could travel together back to US on April 6th.  LOL.   Began the process back in Sept last year but was held up from filing the petition due to difficulty getting death certificate on my first wife who died in Japan 1985. I had to pay a Japanese attorney $500 to get that because my former relatives were worried I was marrying too young (I am 68 and she is 42)  So had all the completed petition in by Dec 10, 2014 after one hitch of forgetting to check the box for K-1 a month earlier.  So the application was finally accepted early in January and approved on March 6th.  The next phase of this process is all hers after I complete the 864 ability to support document with filing my income taxes on my return to US.   I guess the National Visa Center on average takes 4 to 8 weeks to receive and forward the approved petition to the Embassy in Manila.  So we now assume that in May she will receive notice of making an appointment with payment of the visa fee through BPI at $265.  Then $200 for the Medical Clearance, together with her passport, birth certificate from NSO, Cenomar to document no previous marriages and also NBI document of no criminal record will be followed by the interview. 

I think if all goes well she will join me in the US by June or July.  I have heard so many conflicting postings about how long this process takes to complete from 3 months to over one year, but it looks like we will be right on schedule as USCIS informed me for around June. 

I wish I could be here to support her in the remainder of this convoluted petition, but I guess she does wear big girl panties as the women say, and I have no doubt she will do very well. 

Appreciate all the support and great information I have had access to on this site.  Lots of good people on here. 

earthdome
Posted
Posted

Sounds like the process is going well for you so far with just a few minor glitches. Since you filed in the USA getting the visa within 6 would be exceptional. We did it in 3 for a CR-1 spouse visa but that was filing DCF at the US Embassy in Manila.