Another Bites The Dust

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Seems like almost every day I read where another large business or manufacturing plant is to close or relocate out of the Philippines.The jobless rate must be soring. SugarwareZ-002.gif AKRON, Ohio, July 17 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company (NYSE: GT) today announced that it will close its tire plant in the Philippines as part of a strategy to address uncompetitive manufacturing capacity globally.http://news.prnewswire.com/DisplayReleaseC...61662&EDATE=http://www.reuters.com/article/businessNew...E56G2II20090717

jamesmusslewhite
Posted
Posted (edited)

Imagine that, if you have to pay off all the bribes and payoffs, get squeeze by everyone you are having to deal with. If you are not allowed to purchase land invest in local markets, and prohibited to establish your own distribution of raw materials and product. If you have to pay massive amounts to just payoff politicians just to get your company's door open, then the businesses will move their operations to where they at least will act like they want you to do business in their country. I feel sorry for the workers who are the victims here, their fellow countrymen killed the cash cow. To the corrupt, good for you because you have shot yourself in the foot over your greed. This company will not come back, plus they will inform others to do the same. Someday the workers will turn on you and I hope you lose all that you stole from them. You just took money from the company, but you stole the futures of those workers who were your fellow countrymen. Their futures will now go to the country you drove their employer to move. Their country will reap the benefits of being a business friendly society. Chase all the business away, you don't need them. There is always the pathway to being a 4th world country, since you chose not to be on the pathway of becoming a 2nd world country. You can always just beg other countries for money, you know the ones that your companies moved to.

Edited by jamesmusslewhite