Buying Beds And Bedroom Furniture

stevewool
Posted
Posted

You pay for what you get but if i am paying and its not for me well it will do i say,

Right beds and bedroom furniture what sort of price are we looking at over there, everything has tto be new because it seems the bed has lasted a good 30+ years and the furniture well thats seen better days too,

So can anyone give me pointers to where to go and what sort of price,

Its being brought in the Marikina area , and remember its NOT FOR ME SO CHEAP AS CHIPS

• Like 1

earthdome
Posted
Posted (edited)

Very common is just a 3 or 4 inch thick uratex foam thrown on the floor. Cost between 1500 and 3000 pesos each depending on size, single, double, etc.

If you get fancy then a simple wooden bed frame to lay the foam on so it is off the floor. Probably get simple one for another 2-4k pesos.

Edited by earthdome
  • Like 3

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted

try Mandaue foam, they have some nice stuff. Made in the Phil. They can even build stuff to your designs or measurements. For the imported stuff, most of the SM malls have high end furniture stores. Get the American brands.----you get what you pay for

• Like 1

jpbago
Posted
Posted

If you get Manduae foam, don't get the densest as it is too hard. Sure, it will last forever but it has very little give. We got that in queen size 6 inch for 10k and then a very heavy poster bed made locally from not dry mahogany wood so it cracked in a few places shortly after. The bed was assembled on site so it is there to stay.

• Like 1

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Always best to get solid wood here too. Press board falls apart really fast!

• Like 1

stevewool
Posted
Posted

Thanks for the replies everyone

• Like 1

BigMook
Posted
Posted

beds and bedroom furniture

remember its NOT FOR ME SO CHEAP AS CHIPS

Bamboo-Bed-Natural-Products.jpg

I use these.  Bed will cost you 1000 pesos for a double bed and night stand about 400 pesos.   (That is the low price for a little less quality than in the pic.  You can pay 3 times that for better quality.)  Then you can put a uratex foam mattress on top if its for a picky person.  1,500 pesos will get you a thin foam.  The extra thick, extra firm uratex mattress I use has lasted me 8 years and is still comfortable but it cost me almost 10,000 pesos.

Comfort-Quilt-Uratex-Mattress.jpg

agreed. also check out stores like fooda. we purchased a couple dressers and a couple sit-n-sleeps there. actually better quality than mandaue foam and cheaper too.

we also purchased a bamboo bed. had it made a little longer, taller and double strength (for expats) was only p3,000. cheap ones are only p1,000.

post-5049-0-47958100-1427705802_thumb.jp

post-5049-0-94223500-1427705806_thumb.jp