The Ultimate Anti-Kareoke Machine

RonHenk
Posted
Posted

I was wondering about the availability and expense of QUALITY stereo equipment in the Philippines. Pre-amps, Amps, Tuners and such. I'm talking about amplifiers in the 200W to 400W per channel range with very good to excellent sound quality. I would probably get the Speakers individually, woofers, mid-range and tweeters and have the boxes custom made to my specifications then assemble myself. Are there good quality speakers available that could handle such a system?

I do like my music (classic rock, Motown, blues, country) and have ALOT of it (all digitized) and I have been known to CRANK IT UP at times. Especially after a few coldies. So if the kareoke next door gets to pesterin' I can just drown them out or overpower them. I'm not afraid of a good stereo war. Please guys don't flame me for that comment. Joke Na!

Anyways, can I get what I'm looking for there? Or would I have to wait for a visa run to Tokyo or Hong Kong.

My current system below. Which unfortunately can't make the trip with me.

post-4439-0-26041600-1427769877_thumb.jp

jon1
Posted
Posted

I haven't seen any systems running a Pre-Amp, Control Amp, Power Amp and Tower speakers in years. Most what you can find here now are "Home Theater" systems which usually consist of a Receiver, Bass Amp and 5.1 speakers. Something like this https://www.abenson.com.ph/products/ht-e350k 

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

I think there are a few audiophile shops in Manila and I think it was Old55 here on the forum who told me there is one in Cebu.

I saw an article about a small company making high end speakers but I can recall the name.  I'll post it if I find it.

Search for "Philippines Audiophile" and you will see some stuff.

I couldn't find anything in the Subic local area but SM Appliance Pampanga had some Yamaha and another better brand, so I bought a Yamaha AV receiver and Yamaha speakers there.  Not real high end but a few steps up from the usual "all in one" systems you usually see here.

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Maybe a look at some musical Instrument Shops will be a good idea. if they don't have what you need I am pretty sure they will know who and can help, some one must be selling high end stuff to these pop groups and Audio sounds Guys for outside music and stuff.

JMHO

JP :tiphat:

virginprune
Posted
Posted

I've noticed in the local mall they only appear to sell either the home cinema or karaoke rigs. However, I have found a local household store that has a few amps with graphic equaliser and speakers. I shall check these out properly when I'm back in a few weeks.

I too have lots of music, 146gb, digitised and like to play loud sometimes.

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

There is a small but active group of audiophiles in Manila and Cebu. There are also dealers for any high end stereo or home theater gear you wish to name found in Philippines. 

I have a good friend who sells Accuphase, Harbeth, ARC, Clear Audio, Nola, and much more in Cebu. I know other dealers in Manila also. If you are serious about getting some high quality gear send me a PM and I'll put you in touch. Keep in mind this stuff is costly not the junk found in Costco or whatever.

• Like 1

Gerald Glatt
Posted
Posted

Do they have the auto systems there with the base so low that it vibrates the street for a block.  Get one of those crank it and instal a pole dance and remove clothing tossing in their direction.  This may accomplish one of two effects:

1.  They will give up Karaoke because of ground vibration and possible collapse of their home. 

2.  They will throw money at you try to stuff bills in your jockeys, depending on gender, maybe pleasant as well as profitable.

:nudie:  

Thomas
Posted
Posted

Besides made for profesional karaoke, the best loud speakers I have seen for sale in Phils was 120W second hand imported. (I have forgot brand, but one of the expensive   :)

Do they have the auto systems there with the base so low that it vibrates the street for a block.
I want such too, but nowadays most build muffled loud speakers to make them NOT making vibrations   :boohoo:  :bash:
  • Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted (edited)

:hystery: For me, This is the the Ultimate ANTI Karaoke equipment.   :rolleyes:

It's all about Location, Location, find it and flick it. post-2148-0-95604800-1427860984_thumb.jp

Here though it may look more like this.post-2148-0-93633500-1427861214.jpg  :unsure:

Just saying  :thumbsup:

JP  :tiphat:  :cheers:

Hmmm a little edit cos the image made my head ache.

Edited by Jack Peterson

RonHenk
Posted
Posted

Thanks guys for all your replies and info. Old55, once I get there and get settled I'll PM you for that contact info. Thanks again everyone.

• Like 1