Philippine Troops Deployed To Crush Abu Sayyaf

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

I hope they blast the crap out of them and finish it once and for all. I fear that more kidnappings could take place to try to protect themselves.Damn terrorists. :thumbsup: Philippine troops deployed to crush Abu SayyafMANILA, Philippines

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

I always felt that if they really wanted to crush them that they would have a long time ago. There is money to be made in war, if they crushed them then the US and other countries might stop sending all those millions of dollars over and the US might pull out their troops and stop building roads, schools, hospitals and infrastructure to improve Mindanao and especially the Muslim areas. I am wondering when the government of the US will wake up and realize that they cannot buy friends, friends have to be earned. http://www.newsflash.org/2004/02/hl/hl108759.htmU.S. WON'T STOP UNTIL MINDANAO ACHIEVES PEACEDAVAO CITY, JULY 19, 2009 (STAR) By Edith Regalado - There is no stopping American intervention in Mindanao until peace and development are finally achieved in the south

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Sadly I agree with you Lee.

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Breaking news...http://www.sunstar.com.ph/network/troops-overrun-rebel-camp-1-pmReading the local newspapers over the past years I find the description of this new engagement to be typical. The Army will attack an enemy base camp with little result. In this example it seems the Army caught them unaware. How did they escape? It

TheMason
Posted
Posted

Seems like the Philippines is taking a page from the US playbook. They're making enemies faster than they can kill them. Sri Lanka recently took a hardline against there rebels. They won a military victory, but at the cost of upwards of 60,000 civilian casualties. About a week after Sri Lanka 'defeated' the Tamil Tigers, their leaders were back in the press talking about reforming and switching back to geurilla tactics and terrorist attacks to continue the struggle. I wonder how many relatives of those 60,000 civilian casualties are eager to join the new Tigers and pay back the government?