Samal Island

Roy-Conny Skailand
Posted
Posted

Samal is an island outside Davao. We will move there in June from Iloilo. I made a thread about hoew to ship our stuff to Davao so hope that will be solved :-)

I met a few scandinaviens living in Samal and a group of expats in Piniaplate (we stayed at the Fernandes resort for that week).
What im wondering is how those of you living there (heard they estimate there is 300+/- "forigners" living there) like living there? we struggle finding a place to rent, but hopefully that will be solved. Hows buying realastate on the Island?

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Not sure if any members live there or not its a small island. Please share your thoughts living there once you make the move. I'm curious to know more about that island.

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
(heard they estimate there is 300+/- "forigners" living there) like living there?

Samal,  301.3 km² so thats about one foreigner for every square kilometer. Sounds high but let us know how it works out.  :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Markham
Posted
Posted

I would be amazed if there were anything like 300 expats on Samal. There aren't even that many in Davao City although with it being Easter, the resident expat population has been swelled by an influx of tourists. It was almost impossible to get a table in De Boerderij last night due to the number of European middle-aged men and their Philippine "daughters" :D

canadamale
Posted
Posted

Daughters????? I thought some of then were there gays sons hahahaha oh i so much miss the Filipinas

canadamale
Posted
Posted

Samal seems like a beautiful place, hopefully i can see it some time, the gf is not a traveling adventurous person so it is hard to go all the places i would like, this expat site has been invaluable in the information and different takes on such a large variety of subjects, i wish i had found it three years ago when i first started coming to the philippies, hopefully i will be back again in 22 days

Roy-Conny Skailand
Posted
Posted

(heard they estimate there is 300+/- "forigners" living there) like living there?

Samal,  301.3 km² so thats about one foreigner for every square kilometer. Sounds high but let us know how it works out.  :thumbsup:

Thats a good point! I only stay there one week and I agree, 1 pr km2 is not werry likely.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Thats a good point! I only stay there one week and I agree, 1 pr km2 is not werry likely.

My guess is because there are a lot of resorts; there might be more foreigners on the island visiting and often we don't think of anything other than western foreigners when they could be Asian such as chinese.