Chinese Response To Riots

TheMason
Posted
Posted
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/07/20/world/asia/20xinjiang.htmlI'm just wondering where the outrage is from the Muslim community at the treatment of their Chinese brethren. If you substituted 'Gaza' and 'Israel' for Urumqi and China in this aritcle, the Muslim world would take to the streets calling for Jihad. But when it's China doing it, no problem. Turkey has protested, but the silence from the rest of the Islamic countries has been deafening. I don't understand the double standard.

jamesmusslewhite
Posted
Posted (edited)

They can play on American sympathies, and get a lot of Anti-American press. China does not care about what the world thinks as long as they get their way. Who do you thing sells so many banana clipped weapons to the Muslims? You never see radical Islamic groups holding US and UK weapons, they are always communist made. They do not bite the hands that feeds it. Look at the actions supported by the US in the last 20 years, we are have consistently supported Muslim against Israel and Christian interest. The military record of four previous conflicts does not lie. Palestinians should remember who saved Arafat and PLO fighters in Lebanon; when Israel sent in troops to exterminate PLO in the refugee camps. There was no power in the Middle East that brokered his exodus and parted the waves of Israeli planes and tanks for his safe passage to the desert. I was part of the US Marines 1/8th, 24th MAU that held Israelis troops at bay. We were rewarded by been attacked by a suicide truck bombing, that killed 241 members of my unit. I have limped ever since being blown across a tarmac.The Muslim world suffers from political amnesia, we now have learned, and so has forgotten not only Arafat’s resurrection but also American help to beleaguered Afghanis, terrified Kuwaitis, helpless Kurds and Shiites, starving Somalis, and defenseless Bosnians—direct intervention that has cost the United States much more treasure and lives. They forget; but we remember the Palestinians cheering in Nablus hours after thousands of our innocents were incinerated in New York, the hagiographic posters of a mass murderer in the streets of Muslim capitals, and the smug remonstrations of Saudi prince Alwaleed to Mayor Giuliani at Ground Zero. In each of those conflicts you would see the banana clips proudly raised in defiance. We can never do anything to make then joyous (except die), and Russia and China can never do anything to make them enraged (even being killed by them).I find that strange.

Edited by jamesmusslewhite

tom_shor
Posted
Posted
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/07/20/world/asia/20xinjiang.htmlI'm just wondering where the outrage is from the Muslim community at the treatment of their Chinese brethren. If you substituted 'Gaza' and 'Israel' for Urumqi and China in this aritcle, the Muslim world would take to the streets calling for Jihad. But when it's China doing it, no problem. Turkey has protested, but the silence from the rest of the Islamic countries has been deafening. I don't understand the double standard.
Because the Chinese would hammer them into the ground and use them for crricket wickets.