Would You Want To Live To 100 Or More?

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

New definitions of middle age seems to be at hand. I think my answer would be, if I have all my faculties and am able to get around on my own, but I wonder what others might say??? World population of centenarians to reach nearly 6 M by midcenturyWASHINGTON (AP)

jamesmusslewhite
Posted
Posted

Sure, I will live to a 122 if something does not kill me first, like my wife!!!

brock
Posted
Posted

The last survivor of WW1 has just died in England aged 113 supposedly the oldest person in the world, He lived in 3 centuries.

TheMason
Posted
Posted

Aside from getting infirm either mentally or physically, I don't want to outlive all my friends and family. I don't have any kids, so once my wife and siblings pass away, I think life would get lonely.

Mik
Posted
Posted
In the US, centenarians are expected to increase from 75,000 to more than 600,000 by midcentury. Those primarily are baby boomers hitting the 100-year mark. Their population growth could add to rising government costs for the strained Medicare and Social Security programs.
No way. The new national health care plan in the US aims to reduce those numbers drastically. Rationed health care plus mandatory flu shots will kill off lots of old timers. If the cap and trade energy bill passes expect more people freezing to death in winter due to energy shortages.

tom_shor
Posted
Posted
In the US, centenarians are expected to increase from 75,000 to more than 600,000 by midcentury. Those primarily are baby boomers hitting the 100-year mark. Their population growth could add to rising government costs for the strained Medicare and Social Security programs.
No way. The new national health care plan in the US aims to reduce those numbers drastically. Rationed health care plus mandatory flu shots will kill off lots of old timers. If the cap and trade energy bill passes expect more people freezing to death in winter due to energy shortages.
Whew. Glad someone is doing something or we'll be up to our elbows in old people. SugarwareZ-007.gif