Running Seminars - Which Visa And Work Permit?

Charles Cornelius
Posted
Posted

I want to come to the Philippines on a temporary basis (up to 6 months) and make some money running seminars to help people set up their own online business, either by doing it myself or by partnering with a seminar management company. But I'm not sure what visa or work permit I'd need for this. Can anyone give any advice? I'm a British national.

Visa

A Temporary Visitor's Visa seems my best bet. As I understand it, this is for both business and pleasure. But I'm not clear whether this visa is for income generation within the Philippines. Their website states, as examples, things like attending conferences, contract negotiations and business meetings, activities which don't directly generate income; they just enable people to carry out business for their overseas employer.

Work Permit

Here a Special Work Permit seems my best bet as this is for a period of 3-6 months. It's for "a foreign national who shall engage in gainful employment". But there's no other information about what this means.

Or should I simply make an appointment at the local Filipino consulate and ask them?

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Anyway I asked the question at the BI for you and we should get a reply soon. In the last few days a update of a special work permit was launched from the Bi which might be OK as counseling and guidance is on the list.

SPECIAL TEMPORARY PERMIT TO FOREIGN NATIONALS

The BI announces the updated list of forty-three (43) professions regulated by the Professional Regulation Commission (PRC) which provides the issuance of Special Temporary Permit to foreign nationals who are allowed to practice the profession in the Philippines.

For the list of the said professions, please click here.

http://www.immigration.gov.ph/images/Professions.pdf

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

BI have sent first answer but need to wait till proper reply.

Your query will be forwarded to the legal division for proper advice. we will reply as soon as possible

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

And here is the answer.

sir you can apply for SWP special work permit. kindly click the link provided below. 

Special Work Permit – Commercial
www.immigration.gov.ph

post-1-0-48565900-1429780847.jpg
  • Like 2

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

No worries, glad I have been of some help. Seems like I waste my time here.  :1 (103):

• Like 1