Cebu: Norwegian Killed By His 'hostage'

Guest OceanBreeze
Posted
Posted
A Norwegian national was stabbed dead early morning yesterday by one of four people he allegedly held hostage at his residence in Grant Ville Subdivision, barangay Jugan, Consolacion.
The police said that Nocete and her daughter arrived in Consolacion last Saturday on the invitation of the Norwegian, who wanted her to become his house help and his daughter to be the playmate of the expatriate

Mik
Posted
Posted

There were at least two knives used and the victim had many injuries. This was robbery and murder. The claim of self-defense is only an alibi. Be careful who you drink with.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
There were at least two knives used and the victim had many injuries. This was robbery and murder. The claim of self-defense is only an alibi. Be careful who you drink with.
As I try to make sense out of this story I wonder where the wife was,unless I misunderstood the story I did not see anything mentioned about her other than a misunderstanding at some stage which caused the deceased to drink. The other story about another foreigner holding someone against her will is obviously a case of money missing and the maid trying to escape the consequences.I don't think I would bother with hired help in the home if I was living in the Philippines. :wt-hell:

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

I don

jamesmusslewhite
Posted
Posted

I would be interested on the blood toxicology report, and the separated witness testimony. Who drunk was he, and does their stories support or conflict with each other. Where was his wife and daughter? I thought it was a robbery gone bad until I read this article http://www.philstar.com/Article.aspx?articleId=488721. I have seen drunk men do some stupid stuff, some boys get the IQ of a door knob when they are 10 foot tall and bullet-proof. This man may just have just whet way over the edge. The locals are not always guilty when they are dealing with foreigners, and not all foreigners are so innocent. I have to get more information before I can feel comfortable about the guilt on this one. The girls sound more innocent the way it is written, then he does. Where was his family?

til
Posted
Posted

I think there is no way of telling if he was the victim or the offender in this case.Both is possible and I'm not one to take sides for the foreigner or Filipino. There are some pretty rooten apples amongst both of them.Thinking about it some more: would you take a 16 and a 12 year old Girl to commit a robbery?From what I read in that second article I'd guess he is guilty. But it's really just a guess.

Mik
Posted
Posted

The wife will file murder charges today against the three suspects.http://www.philstar.com/Article.aspx?artic...bCategoryId=107

jamesmusslewhite
Posted
Posted

I wonder if there is a "Murder Clause" in a life insurance policy with his name on it? That she will be out of a lot of money. Is it so she can save face in her community, or hoping to get some compensation for his death?

til
Posted
Posted

Well on the "other forum" some Norwegians have said this guy has a pretty bad criminal record. So what he has "allegedly" done does seem to fit his personality profile.