Pet Birds

ucello
Posted
Posted

Hello, I'm yet to move to the Philippines, so I apologize in advance if this is a dumb question... but I'm a bird lover & will want a pet parrot when I live there. Are parrots readily available from pet stores over there?

From what I gather on the web, the country won't allow me to import my current pet bird from the states.

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

Google "parrot for sale Philippines"  and you get quite a few results, mostly private parties.  Here is a link to an aviary.  http://www.goldcrestaviary.com/

• Like 2

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

I have seen African lovebirds for sale in many places. Is this ok or are you looking for something bigger?

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted

I also love birds.  I've had African Love Birds back home a long time ago. 

I would love a Cockatiel or Cockatoo. I've not seen any at the pet stores but I've not inquired about them either so maybe I'll just wait for more responses and check them out.

Good question, Thanks

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

Google "parrot for sale Philippines"  and you get quite a few results, mostly private parties.  Here is a link to an aviary.  http://www.goldcrestaviary.com/

I would like to get a bird when I have the right place for it.  A large bird needs some space and an area where, if in a noisy mood, it will not bother you too much.  I have had a cockateil and a small parrot, years ago.

At Davao Crocodile Park they had some birds I really liked.  Looking at Mike's link here, I think they might be Lorys.  Remarkable colors, friendly, funny and smart.  Here are some pictures I took.

post-1784-0-42854500-1430399326_thumb.jp

post-1784-0-26469000-1430399354_thumb.jp

post-1784-0-73180000-1430399404_thumb.jp

deevey
Posted
Posted

On olx.ph you can just about find anything you want, I searched "parrot" and got a few results ranging from $200 for Lorys' up to $3k for Indian Greys 

• Like 1

MacBubba
Posted
Posted

My wife's classmate from elementary had a parrot who screamed "Balot" or "Taho".  Must have heard those from the vendors as they walked down the street selling their goods!

• Like 1