Mindoro?

BrettGC
Posted
Posted (edited)

Hi Guys,

Next trip is fast approaching and in keeping with previous visits I'll be checking out somewhere new then spending some time in the familar (Cebu).

Been doing a lot of reading about Mindoro and it strikes me as a bit of a "undiscovered" beachy tourist spot in parts; perhaps what Alona was 15 years ago.

It was a quite literally a coin toss between Palawan and Mindoro this time around and Mindoro came up.  

Has anyone spent a lot of time there?  And if so what are your impressions?

Cheers,

Brett

Edited by BrettGC

stevewool
Posted
Posted

On our last trip to the Phils a friend who we was staying with recommended us to go there and even buy there too, he goes there himself and says what a wonderful place it is

• Like 1

bows00
Posted
Posted

I am in the same boat here, will be spending my New Years there. But I haven't done enough research on any remote locations yet, I will be staying in Sabang - which is tourist central. I am looking forward to renting a motorcycle and exploring the island on my own.

robert k
Posted
Posted

Pinamalayan has various great beaches. My personal favorite is a black sand beach with improvements that cost almost nothing to visit, although there are white sugar sand beaches with crystal clear water as good as you will find anywhere that cost very little more. What I didn't see was a lot of loud obnoxious tourists. Boracay is what you want if you look for spring break, which will also cost about 10 times as much as comparable or better on Mindoro, around Pinamalayan. Mindoro is a backwater. You can't even circumnavigate the island on the highway by car because of the outcrop of rock with no highway at the north end. I recommend it as a place to visit.

• Like 3

BrettGC
Posted
Posted

Thanks Robert. 

Ynot
Posted
Posted

I've not been to Mindoro yet, but sounds nice, this trip I'm going to Boracay because I've heard so much about it.  You mentioned it was a coin toss between Mindoro and Palawan, I spent 3 nights on Palawan, very nice place, very very clean which was change from parts of Cebu City.   I did the touristy things the underground river it was nice but had to get used to waiting and queing.  Left the hotel just before breakfast and was back by about 4 pm for what essentially was a 15 minute boat ride in the caves.  Most of the day was waiting.  Also did the island hopping and snorkling that was fun, enjoyed that more.  So after Boracay I will have to put Mindoro on my list to visit

• Like 1