What Would The Cost Be To Move

kalibojerry
Posted
Posted

Question

How should I move from Kalibo to Cebu I have furniture  and a car   any advise I would be very great full and can anyone give me an amount what it would cost  ball park or guess as I do not would have any idea  what the cost would be  any advise I would be very great full to get me to Cebu   Thank You 

earthdome
Posted
Posted

Question

How should I move from Kalibo to Cebu I have furniture  and a car   any advise I would be very great full and can anyone give me an amount what it would cost  ball park or guess as I do not would have any idea  what the cost would be  any advise I would be very great full to get me to Cebu   Thank You 

I don't know where Kalibo is and how far it is from Cebu.

A few months ago I rented a truck with driver and helper with a 10 ft X 10 ft enclosed cargo area. It cost 12K pesos to assist with load/unload and 12 hour one way drive. We provided meals and a place for the driver/helper to sleep at the destination.

Get a Cebu newspaper and look at the "lipat bahay" section in the classifieds. That translates as transfer home. Start making phone calls.

• Like 1

kalibojerry
Posted
Posted

Earthdome

Thank You  for your information

OK  Kalibo is about six hour drive from Iloilo Iloilo  which I will have to go to and catch a ferry to Cebu so anyone can fill in the blanks for me on the cost I would be very great full Thank You all I need is a ball park or guess  

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
all I need is a ball park or guess

I would ask one of the lipat bahay companies.  We cannot know what size truck you need or if you need 2 trucks.  But you want an educated guess.  I will guess that you can fit all your furniture in one large truck and drive the car yourself.  I will guess that the cost of the truck, with men and fuel and ferry charges, will get close to 50K and the cost of fuel and ferry charges  for yourself and car will get close to 10K so if it was me I would be comfortable with 60K pesos in my pocket and hope to get it done for less.

This is from my experiences moving between Cebu, Leyte and Negros so the distances I have moved are less than what you are talking about but my moves have never cost me more than 40K so I adjusted for that. 

• Like 2

kalibojerry
Posted
Posted

Dave

Thank You

Now i have something to work with ,   with your ball park number     Thank You again Jerry

MacBubba
Posted
Posted (edited)

I have a similar question.  Other than lipat bahay, any suggestions for truck rentals (with driver) for a load from Manila to Marinduque?

Edited by MacBubba

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
Other than lipat bahay, any suggestions for truck rentals (with driver)

Um,  that is what lipat bahy IS

MacBubba
Posted
Posted
Um, that is what lipat bahy IS

I thought lipat bahay would be more for moving the contents of your house.  I suppose that will do, but I am thinking about picking up furniture and appliances from various stores and then transporting them.  I guess I should have explained more.  The truck will not be accompanied, so I will need a reputable company with bonded drivers and assistants.

kalibojerry
Posted
Posted

Hi Dave

you were right on with you amount to Cebu from Kalibo I got a quote for 45 thousand p buy the time you add my cost for my car you were right on Thank You Jerry

• Like 1