Good Throwaway Ticket

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

I just bought a throw away on Air Asia for p859.  It was supposed to be "all in" for p739 but when you go to pay online they add a p120 processing fee.  I tried to avoid that by taking the pay at 7-11 option but it still added it in.

Cebu to Kota Kinabula in October, if interested.  This is not in the current promo.  I was looking in October and saw that it was less than the current promo that ends August 31.  That promo price is p1088+120 = p1208.

• Like 3

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

Also, I found paying at 7-11 very quick and automated.  You take your printout, they press a button then scan your barcode, pay and done.  60 seconds tops.

Unlike paying my Cebu Pacific paid at Cebuana.  30 minutes to wait while they do their backwards process.

• Like 5

Czechman
Posted
Posted

The Air Asia site has it for the same price that you quoted @ P739, and that is a great price! This was current as of Sun, 5.24.15, - I hope that this link works and it doesn't reset the search options: https://booking3.airasia.com/Flight/Select

• 2 weeks later...
bootleultras
Posted
Posted

I just bought a throw away on Air Asia for p859.  It was supposed to be "all in" for p739 but when you go to pay online they add a p120 processing fee.  I tried to avoid that by taking the pay at 7-11 option but it still added it in.

Cebu to Kota Kinabula in October, if interested.  This is not in the current promo.  I was looking in October and saw that it was less than the current promo that ends August 31.  That promo price is p1088+120 = p1208.

last time i flew in again in march i used the air asia kota kinabulu flight, it was definitely the best price i could find

Thomas
Posted
Posted

FERRIES to HongKong and Malaysia are cheap, but not easy to buy at distance.

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
last time i flew in again in march i used the air asia kota kinabulu flight, it was definitely the best price i could find

And this is the second time I have used that route for a throw away, but no more!  I knew they could not keep that flight going forever.  I just got the e-mail below.  At least I should still be able to use it for my throw away.

Dear Valued Guest,

We have always taken great care when implementing any flight changes that may inconvenience you, our valued guest. However, due to commercial considerations, we have taken the decision to suspend flights between Cebu and Kota Kinabalu effective 17 June 2015.

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this cancellation has caused you and we would like to offer the following options:

1.              1. One-time re-booking to an earlier flight of the same route at no extra cost and subject to availability

1. One-time re-booking to flights of the same destination via Cebu - Manila (NAIA Terminal 3) - Kota Kinabalu or vice versa at no extra cost and subject to availability and within 30 days from original date of departure.

Sample:

Flight /Route

Flight Number/Frequency

Departure/Arrival

CEB-MNL

Z2-770 20Jul2015

2340H-0100H +1

MNL-BKI

Z2-501 21Jul2015

0905H-1105H

BKI-MNL

Z2-502 21Jul2015

1130H-1340H

MNL-CEB

Z2-767 21Jul2015

1815H-1940H

1. Conversion of the value of the total fare to an online credit shell with a validity period of 180 days. Credit shell may be used to purchase seats and products at www.airasia.com.
  2. Full refund

If your flight is departing 30 days from 17 June 2015, our customer care representative will be contacting you in the next few days to assist you or you may call us at +632.7422742, open daily from Monday to Sunday from 7:00AM to 10:00PM (GMT+8) or use the LiveChat function in www.airasia.com for 24/7 connectivity with our customer service agents.

For those with flights departing more than 30 days from 17 June 2015, we encourage you to connect throughhttp://www.airasia.com/my/en/e-form.page.

We thank you in advance for your kind understanding and continued support.

Sincerely,

Airasia Zest

bootleultras
Posted
Posted

And this is the second time I have used that route for a throw away, but no more!  I knew they could not keep that flight going forever.  I just got the e-mail below.  At least I should still be able to use it for my throw away.

Dear Valued Guest,

We have always taken great care when implementing any flight changes that may inconvenience you, our valued guest. However, due to commercial considerations, we have taken the decision to suspend flights between Cebu and Kota Kinabalu effective 17 June 2015.

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this cancellation has caused you and we would like to offer the following options:

1.              1. One-time re-booking to an earlier flight of the same route at no extra cost and subject to availability

1. One-time re-booking to flights of the same destination via Cebu - Manila (NAIA Terminal 3) - Kota Kinabalu or vice versa at no extra cost and subject to availability and within 30 days from original date of departure.

Sample:

Flight /Route

Flight Number/Frequency

Departure/Arrival

CEB-MNL

Z2-770 20Jul2015

2340H-0100H +1

MNL-BKI

Z2-501 21Jul2015

0905H-1105H

BKI-MNL

Z2-502 21Jul2015

1130H-1340H

MNL-CEB

Z2-767 21Jul2015

1815H-1940H

1. Conversion of the value of the total fare to an online credit shell with a validity period of 180 days. Credit shell may be used to purchase seats and products at www.airasia.com.
  2. Full refund

If your flight is departing 30 days from 17 June 2015, our customer care representative will be contacting you in the next few days to assist you or you may call us at +632.7422742, open daily from Monday to Sunday from 7:00AM to 10:00PM (GMT+8) or use the LiveChat function in www.airasia.com for 24/7 connectivity with our customer service agents.

For those with flights departing more than 30 days from 17 June 2015, we encourage you to connect throughhttp://www.airasia.com/my/en/e-form.page.

We thank you in advance for your kind understanding and continued support.

Sincerely,

Airasia Zest

I literally just received the same message by text message as my supposed departure was scheduled  for the beginning of July, now I'm actually hoping they'll accommodate a change in flights as i'm due to fly over to Kuala Lumpur at the end of July so fingers crossed it may work out better for me!

Thomas
Posted
Posted

Perhaps it would be a good business idea to start an airline route with cheap ticket price suiting throw away tickets, but to anywhere no one want to go, and no return so they can't get back to avoid the risk someone ever want to use it. Such route wouldn't even need to use an aeroplane  :lol:

• Like 1