Stolen Handbag

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Just last night someone entered my wifes sisters house where my wife is living in Zamboanga city and stole here hand bag and jewelry. They entered through a sliding bedroom window.The handbag was found in the morning out the back of her neighbors house with her purse still in it minus her money.So she lost her money, wedding and engagement rings and a couple of necklaces.Ah the fun of it all.Tom :SugarwareZ-037:

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

Sorry to hear that. I think families who have someone married to a foreigner are more of a target. :welcome: That is one of the reasons that I like a condo, a little more secure :SugarwareZ-037: but no garden does vacuum. :cheers: I would bet an alarm business in the Philippines that targets just expats and their families might do well! At least it would alert the home owner who is sleeping or the neighbors if they are away. I use one here and I sleep a lot better and wake in time to :23_11_62[1]:

johnb
Posted
Posted (edited)
Sorry to hear that. I think families who have someone married to a foreigner are more of a target. :angry: That is one of the reasons that I like a condo, a little more secure :36_1_68[1]: but no garden does vacuum. :( I would bet an alarm business in the Philippines that targets just expats and their families might do well! At least it would alert the home owner who is sleeping or the neighbors if they are away. I use one here and I sleep a lot better and wake in time to :1 (72):
Hi Lee, I don't think an alarm system alone would help in the RP, someone has to react to the alarm, it wont be the police nor the neighbors, so your on your own, and with the level of violence that can be aimed at foreigners your gonna need something to keep the distance between you and the assailants bolo......... many, many years ago I fitted an alarm to a house that I was living in [ not in the RP] I actually installed the alarms siren inside the house, knowing that know one would react to the alarm if it sounded outside, I figured that at the very least i could make any would be burgler ears bleed SugarwareZ-267.gif Edited by johnb

Mike S
Posted
Posted

That would be my choice a loud alarm and maybe a few flashing lights should deter someone ........ I would be more concerned with me sleeping in the house when they broke in than not being home ...... also a silent alarm would not be advisable as you would probably be shot by the officers responding (if the did) to the call after the robbers had come and gone ...... 36_1_58[1].gif

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
That would be my choice a loud alarm and maybe a few flashing lights should deter someone ........ I would be more concerned with me sleeping in the house when they broke in than not being home ...... also a silent alarm would not be advisable as you would probably be shot by the officers responding (if the did) to the call after the robbers had come and gone ...... 36_1_58[1].gif
Now heres a thoughtWhat about an alarm thats sets off a loud sound recording of dogs barking in the house.Should send em packing :36_1_68[1]:

Mike S
Posted
Posted

A friend of mine in the states had one that sounded like 2 dobies and I guarantee you it made you think more than twice when coming in his door ....... he used to get a kick out of it and had it connected to a remote and would set it off after you walked in side ...... and I can personally tell you it was not a pretty sight the first time he did it to me ......

johnb
Posted
Posted
A friend of mine in the states had one that sounded like 2 dobies and I guarantee you it made you think more than twice when coming in his door ....... he used to get a kick out of it and had it connected to a remote and would set it off after you walked in side ...... and I can personally tell you it was not a pretty sight the first time he did it to me ......
Actually I did something similar, I used two Passive infrared switches mounted out side the building, one would turn on a security light and the other would turn on the radio, it gave the appearance of someone being around, this was in Africa but I still have the switches, don't know if you get anything like them here.

spike in cebu
Posted
Posted

I was with a friend in the food court in ayala mall,and she lost her bag..i'm talking big shopping bag..never saw a thing...reported it to a guard as soon as we noticed ,,told him to notify all exits with discription of the bag on his radio...but all he could do was ask stupid questions,,all the wrong ones...never got the bag back...don't rely on the guards for help SPIKE

twostrokes
Posted
Posted

Ever since I had half dozen cameras taken on a house break-in, I have always wanted to get a good supply of C4. Then go buy a bunch of cheap Korean cameras, and load them with hidden C4. rig it so that when you clicked a pick, BANG, off goes the head......Was going to accidently leave them on the table in restaurants I was eating in...see how long they stayed there, or on the seat of a jeepney, to be snatched. The same back in the day when transistor radios were the thing....load them up and leave them laying around at my table, turn my back and zing, they get snatched....just wait until they turn it on...BANG, off goes the head.....Unfortunatly this was only in my dreams....but I still think it a good idea....Could do the same with cell phones now.....just carry a dummy cheap one all the time for someone to snatch....then wait for the BANG.....Jim