Us Bases Back In The Philippines

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

:AddEmoticons04230: Sure looks like that is what GMA is hinting at in order to get US support to stay in powerArroyo wants stronger US presence in AsiaPresident Gloria Macapagal Arroyo wants the world

Bruce
Posted
Posted

The navy has been gone long enough now for a 'real' retroactive look at the benefits vs the cons of having a US base in the Philippines. I wonder how the local people around the base feel. I don't care what the people that live on other islands say as they do not have to live with the base and related activities every day. But in looking at jobs and money spent officially to the government and money spent in the community and then the sudden loss of that money when the government decided not to renew the navy lease should be in the memory of the local people who can make a decision if they want the navy back or not.Remember, the government will do what it wants, the people be damned. But if the local people are 'for' the navy, it makes it easy to sell the idea with little or no local disruptions. Now, 'I' would not live a huge traffic clogging navy base machine in my neighborhood that spews out 18-22 yr old drunken round eye men in 'my' neighborhood. But, then I don't rely on the income from those fine young fighting men..... If I did.... it would be Hellooooo Sailor! :th_thsmilies-29057: Spend yo mony here.