Study: Guinness Good For The Heart

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted (edited)

And yet another story about how beer might be good for us. What is your favorite beer?? Study: Guinness Good For the HeartJuly 29) - A beer that was falsely promoted as a feel-good elixir decades ago may actually have some lifesaving qualities, according to a new study.A pint of Guinness stout may have the same impact in improving blood circulation as a low dose of aspirin, researchers from the University of Wisconsin told a conference of the American Medical Association in Orlando, Fla., the BBC reported Wednesday.The researchers' study found that antioxidants in Guinness helped reduce blood-clotting activity in dogs. The animals have narrow blood vessels similar to those of humans who suffer from heart disease.The experts believe that in addition to the anti-clogging qualities of alcohol, some ingredients in Guinness can actually slow deposits of cholesterol in the blood.A spokeswoman for Diageo, the manufacturer of Guinness, refused to boast of the findings."We never make any medical claims for our drinks," she told the BBC.Decades ago, the beer was marketed with the slogan "Guinness is Good for You." In England in the 1920s, a pint was often given to patients after surgery, blood donors and pregnant women, the BBC said. This, of course, runs counter to modern medical advice.For more on this story, check out the BBC report. http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/3266819.stm

Edited by Mr. Lee

volstateguy
Posted
Posted

I think I'll have a cold Guinness tonight and drink to my good health :th_thsmilies-29057: . Not that I need an excuse to drink a Guinness.

chimellie
Posted
Posted

I am buying a case tomorrow.Thanks Mr.Lee.

Travis
Posted
Posted

I guess one or two would not hurt SugarwareZ-004.gif :th_thsmilies-29057: