New Pickup From India

intrepid
Posted
Posted

Seems like a nice vehicle for the Philippines.  I wonder if it will be imported?  I think I would buy one to try if it were availabe.  Even has a small generator.  The price looks good also.

blogs.wsj.com/indiarealtime/2015/06/22/meet-the-multix-indias-newest-pickup-truck-with-extra-charge/

• Like 2

Thomas
Posted
Posted

Similar price as a Suzuki MTs (Pickup version).

But this Indian car seem to have a NEW engine, but even SMALLER engine than Suzuki*, which had some problem to get up Cebu mountains with only 2 americans and a Filipina in it...

It say 5 seater, but it looked sized for 2 Americans  :mocking:

The generator function is very clever  :thumbsup:

* Indian  engine 511cc

Suzuki  660cc in all old and many of the new.  Some new have 1000cc engines, I suppouse because they have noticed the 660cc is to weak.

• Like 2

william_c
Posted
Posted

Was in CDO last week and a new TATA truck was on display. Full size, like a Ford F-150, four doors, five speed and turbo diesel for 850,000! Representative said it was a new design and it would be several years before and automatic transmission model was available. Absolutely great looking truck! I suspect it will kill off many other brands as they become available. I think they are assembled in PI but not certain of that as being the case. Maybe planned? May become available with 4WD? Again, great value truck and fit and finish was really nice. 

• Like 1