Has Anybody Stayed In The Diplomat Hotel In Cebu City Recently?

tim
Posted
Posted

I have a reservation at the Diplomat Hotel for Mid-August. Has any one stayed there recently? What was the positives and negatives of your contact with them? Just wondering. Thankstim from Memphis

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
I have a reservation at the Diplomat Hotel for Mid-August. Has any one stayed there recently? What was the positives and negatives of your contact with them? Just wondering. Thankstim from Memphis
I have not stayed there but have been doing some research on hotels for my self,the one thing that bothers me from reading trip adviser is mites. http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g2...bu_Visayas.html

• 1 month later...
tim
Posted
Posted

Well my stay in Cebu is over. I am back home in the USA. I might add that I had a great time.I stayed at the Diplomat Hotel for about 3 weeks. I used their web site to reserve my room. I requested a room in the new wing. I had no problems with them or using their web site to reserve my room. Note: you have to give your Credit Card to reserve and they charge 10% on it right away. I was consern about the safety of that but had on problems. The 10% was taken off the daily bill and I just paid cash for the rest while at the hotel. So I did not have to use my CC anymore. The service was great everywhere but in the restuarnt. I really never used them so it did not make too much difference to me. One day i was going out to visit my wife's family and I was going into the restuarnt to get a hambuger to go so I could eat it on the way, I was sorta in a hurry, so I figure this would be easy. No ! I order and paid for the hamburger to go. Waited about 20 minutes and ask where is my hamburger. The girl told me, sorry we have no hamburger...OK, I then order a blt to go...and started to try to pay the difference and was then told they had no bread for the BLT. I just got my $ back and left a little pissed. Never went back to the resturant there in the hotel.The Hotel staff and the person who clean my room on the other hand were very nice and helpful. They were always avalible to answer questions and give advice. The Hotel always had security at the door and log you in a taxi out front. If there were any problems and you needed help they would always try to help asap. The Hotel was clean and the airconditionier work in the room as did the cable TV and the inroom safe and frig. I had no problems with people hanging out in the lobby or anything else like that.So I would give the Hotel a Plus and will try to stay there on my next trip.Also, I used Danny as a shuttle service to and from the hotel to the airport and found him and his wife to reliable and very helpful. He only charges 300 php and I found it to be worth the $ for his services. I would suggest anyone wanting private shuttle services to think about using him.Like I said I had a great time and now I am home.Tim from Memphis

volstateguy
Posted
Posted

Thanks for the update Tim. I will be staying at the Diplomat in March so its good to hear you are so happy with it. I'll def find someplace to eat other than the hotel restaurant now.

• 2 months later...
Patsada
Posted
Posted

yes, the restaurant is incredible, even for breakfast!there is a filipino restaurant nearby i can recommend: turn left from the main entrance of Diplomat, after maybe 200m on the same streetside - i forgot the name but they are very famous for their specialty: sizzling pork knuckles!! 7_4_17[1].gif just ask, everybody can indicate it to you.....Patsada