Dna/paternity And Me

andre007
Posted
Posted

This is my first post on this forum and I appreciate the Welcome back email I received. I am not sure which catagory to post. Admin please feel free to place in any section you see fit.I am a member of several forum groups and over the years I have been able to gather and use some valuble information and have gained much knowledge that has helped me in my 3-year experience here in the Philippines. It's time for me to share my story and I hope it helps somebody. My Girlfriend gave birth to a baby girl July, 2007. Of course I was happy and excited but had doubts on weather or not it was my child. I am Black American so the baby had some Characteristics including the curly(kinky) hair LOL. The baby did not favor me but mixed babies sometimes are like that. A year later I learn my Girlfriend may have slept with others before pregnancy. Of course she denied this. I decided it was time to get a DNA Test. After checking here in the Philippines I found out the price was over P50,000 for a legal test and P30,000 for General FYI test, and you had to travel to Manila. That would cost easily another P15,000 for travel expenses. That was way out of my budget. I decided to do a goggle search and I found a company in Manila selling a home kit for P15,000 which was allot less but in my mind still too expensive for the Philippines. I also found another one in the USA which charges for $99USD plus express shipping for $60.00. Considering that it was cheaper, I contacted it however, the shipment got caught in customs and I never managed to retrieve it. I asked again the company to send me another kit and reship through regular mail but I never received it. I ended up spending more. It was then that I contacted an Attorney from a referral who I heard has home DNA testing kits. Apparently, she was able to secure these test kits from a reputable company in the USA which offers Home DNA testing kits for a lot less. The lawyer was charging me for a total of $189USD and if I wanted to express ship back to the USA or their Australia office for the results, I will have to pay $20USD. The results would be made by email. The kit which had my mouth swab was shipped to the company;s office in Australia. I was able to get results 10 days after receipt. Well as you all probably have guessed the Precious baby girl was not mine. Of course bothered and disturbed I was happy at least I found out. I guess she likes black men because the baby was a black mix. After this has happened to me my attorney and I started doing research about Paternity fraud and DNA testing in the Philippines. There are no accredited labs in the Philippines and of course the cost is so much. My attorney contacted the company who originally did my test and became a reseller of DNA Testing kits in the Philippines so many won't have to go thru what I went thru. After a few weeks of being in the market, it is amazing that most clients who have been requesting for test kits are not foreigners but Filipinos especially seamen or overseas workers. I hope my story will help another person here in the Philippines and everywhere. My Attorney is also challenging Legislator and attempting to set a precedent with case law to allow the Home testing kits for legal testing if a chain of command is followed. I don't know if I am allowed to give my Attorney name and number thru this site or if admin will allow me to post names or numbers but feel free to contact me thru PM and I will gladly give you her number. Be Careful and Be Watchful! I wish you the TRUTH!!

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
This is my first post on this forum and I appreciate the Welcome back email I received. I am not sure which catagory to post. Admin please feel free to place in any section you see fit.I am a member of several forum groups and over the years I have been able to gather and use some valuble information and have gained much knowledge that has helped me in my 3-year experience here in the Philippines. It's time for me to share my story and I hope it helps somebody. My Girlfriend gave birth to a baby girl July, 2007. Of course I was happy and excited but had doubts on weather or not it was my child. I am Black American so the baby had some Characteristics including the curly(kinky) hair LOL. The baby did not favor me but mixed babies sometimes are like that. A year later I learn my Girlfriend may have slept with others before pregnancy. Of course she denied this. I decided it was time to get a DNA Test. After checking here in the Philippines I found out the price was over P50,000 for a legal test and P30,000 for General FYI test, and you had to travel to Manila. That would cost easily another P15,000 for travel expenses. That was way out of my budget. I decided to do a goggle search and I found a company in Manila selling a home kit for P15,000 which was allot less but in my mind still too expensive for the Philippines. I also found another one in the USA which charges for $99USD plus express shipping for $60.00. Considering that it was cheaper, I contacted it however, the shipment got caught in customs and I never managed to retrieve it. I asked again the company to send me another kit and reship through regular mail but I never received it. I ended up spending more. It was then that I contacted an Attorney from a referral who I heard has home DNA testing kits. Apparently, she was able to secure these test kits from a reputable company in the USA which offers Home DNA testing kits for a lot less. The lawyer was charging me for a total of $189USD and if I wanted to express ship back to the USA or their Australia office for the results, I will have to pay $20USD. The results would be made by email. The kit which had my mouth swab was shipped to the company;s office in Australia. I was able to get results 10 days after receipt. Well as you all probably have guessed the Precious baby girl was not mine. Of course bothered and disturbed I was happy at least I found out. I guess she likes black men because the baby was a black mix. After this has happened to me my attorney and I started doing research about Paternity fraud and DNA testing in the Philippines. There are no accredited labs in the Philippines and of course the cost is so much. My attorney contacted the company who originally did my test and became a reseller of DNA Testing kits in the Philippines so many won't have to go thru what I went thru. After a few weeks of being in the market, it is amazing that most clients who have been requesting for test kits are not foreigners but Filipinos especially seamen or overseas workers. I hope my story will help another person here in the Philippines and everywhere. My Attorney is also challenging Legislator and attempting to set a precedent with case law to allow the Home testing kits for legal testing if a chain of command is followed. I don't know if I am allowed to give my Attorney name and number thru this site or if admin will allow me to post names or numbers but feel free to contact me thru PM and I will gladly give you her number. Be Careful and Be Watchful! I wish you the TRUTH!!
First and most important let me say, welcome to the forum. :th_interesting: :th_noproblem: Next, let me say that we do not allow information like that to be posted until we know that members are not posting to advertise without permission. If a Full Member wants to advertise something, then they should ask the Boss Man and he usually says OK, if it is Philippine related or of help to other members.Next, if you would, please make a post in the introduction section and tell us a little about yourself and where you are from and anything else you do not mind sharing. I have found that introductions help members to better understand each other because of our backgrounds and countries we are originally from and it also help the forum staff to get to know you, which BTW will speed the process to you becoming a Full Member. Also, new members cannot send or receive pm's. so the sooner we get you to Full Member the sooner members can get your IMO valuable information. :th_thholysheep:

Guest OceanBreeze
Posted
Posted (edited)

Some weeks ago I also read this ad in Sun Star Cebu:

Are you the father? Want to know for sure? DNA/Paternity testing kits 189$ Complete with results Call/TXT DNA-Cebu Quick Order 09105 xxxxxx
A DNA Test can also be done at Makati Med or Asian Hospital or Chong Hua Hospital. But when it will be presented at court the test must be done and confirmed by the Medico Legal Department of the Hospital. Edited by OceanBreeze

andre007
Posted
Posted
Some weeks ago I also read this ad in Sun Star Cebu:
Are you the father?Want to know for sure?DNA/Paternity testing kits189$ Complete with resultsCall/TXT DNA-CebuQuick Order 09105 xxxxxx
A DNA Test can also be done at Makati Med or Asian Hospital or Chong Hua Hospital. But when it will be presented at court the test must be done and confirmed by the Medico Legal Department of the Hospital.
Hello Mr Ocean Breeze, Nice name. Yes you get a swab done at many places and most notable St Lukes in Manila. All test that are done inthe Philippines are sent to their labs. There are two labs in the Philippines but both of them are not accredited. They can't pass the Valryco test done for accrediation. The cost is either $1000 plus your travel cost for legal test and over $500 for a basic(you want to know) test.Two things you should look for is AABB and ISO17025 in the labs used. The swab kits are mainly the same. Some use regular swabs and some use Buccolo (sp) swabs. Yes legal test are tricky here but hopefully things will change so this medical advancement will be available for most regular people who just want to know.That ad you listed above was her ad. I see it works because you have the posting. LOL I am very happy somebody is making a difference for men who want to know the truth and also ladies who want to know the truth and prove themselves.

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Welcom to the forum Andre007. Thank you for that useful information and sorry things did not work out for you and your gal.

Mik
Posted
Posted

Thanks for sharing the info andre007 and welcome to the forum. Marketing home DNA testing kits might be a good business opportunity for someone.

mikewatchnu
Posted
Posted

Thank you Andre007, a friend was only talking to me about this problem the other day, I will pass it on to him, its something I did not know about, thank you again. Michael

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
Thank you Andre007, a friend was only talking to me about this problem the other day, I will pass it on to him, its something I did not know about, thank you again. Michael
Hi Mike, welcome to the forum. :wt-hell: If you do not mind would you please make a post in the introduction section and tell us a little about yourself, your experiences and interests related to the Philippines, and anything else that you feel comfortable sharing with forum members. We have a pretty nice group of people on this forum from over the world and the group is growing everyday and we have found that introductions help members from different countries better understand each other. :th_thholysheep: enjoy the forum.