Color-Coded Alien Registration Cards

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
Immigration to issue new color-coded alien registration cards

Starting Thursday (July 16), the Bureau of Immigration (BI) will  issue new Alien Certificate of Registration Identity (ACR I-) Cards featuring new, color coded-designs.

The new cards, which come in 10 colors, each assigned for specific types of visas, will each have an embedded microchip and will have additional security features to protect against fraud.

All information encoded in the cards will be accessible at airports – initially at the Ninoy Aquino International Airport – through the updated Border Control Information System (BCIS).

With the new design, Philippine visa holders will not need to bring along documents to support the issuance of the cards.

According to the BI, the cards are issued to registered aliens whose stay in the Philippines has exceeded 59 days.

Immigration Commissioner Siegfred Mison said the cards' new design is intended to facilitate immigration processing at airports and offices of the BI.

The design will also state additional key information such as the name of the school (for student visa), the name of the company (for work visa), and the Special Security Registration Number (SSRN) – a unique number assigned to every registered foreign national.

The new cards will follow these color codes:

post-1-0-03761100-1437127160_thumb.jpg

Light yellow - Permanent Resident
Bronze - Native Born
Dark purple - Special Non-Immigrant
Blue - Probationary Resident
Light purple - Probationary Resident
Red - Voluntary Registrant
White - Tourist
Aqua Blue - Student
Gray - Treaty Trader
Green - Gratis

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

I'll take GREEN please!   :)

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

LOL  :hystery:  Yeah and I bet that those categories that don't Bring in much Money will be post-2148-0-47904600-1437132400_thumb.jp

My new one should be next week as issued after the 16th so lets see what colour comes.

JP :tiphat:

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

So a voluntary tourist on probation gets a red, white and blue?  Anything significant about that  :hystery:

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

So a voluntary tourist on probation gets a red, white and blue?  Anything significant about that 

post-2148-0-76142700-1437132849.jpg  :hystery:  take your Pick.

JP :tiphat:

• Like 1

Thomas
Posted
Posted

Oh.  The more alternatives, the biger risk they will be out of stock   :mocking: