Best Way To Send Money To Philippines From Uk?

Scarymoo
Posted
Posted

Hi, i want to send money to a friend in the Philipines (2000 pounds sterling). I was going to do a straight forward bank transfer (my account to hers) but wondered what is the best way to make sure she gets the best deal, exchange rate etc. thanks!

brock
Posted
Posted

Azimo seems ok to me.

• Like 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

Azimo seems ok to me.

Hi Brock

Azimo has told me there is a limit of 895 UK which can be sent unless you go through a further security check. Maybe for the amount the op wants to send a bank transfer might be best.

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted

There is a reason Western Union is such a big company Scary. If you cant find anything else, you can fall back onto what 95% of the Filipinos use.

• Like 1

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted

Inquire with BPI that have offices in the UK. .. and its safer,, DEPOSITED DIRECTLY IN THE BANK ACCOUNT

https://www.bpieuropeplc.com/

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

I send money every week and for sometime now have used Worldremit with no problems.

https://www.worldremit.com/

Topic moved to the correct forum

Guy F.
Posted
Posted

Transferwise has been good for me. The fee is not the only variable. Make sure the exchange rate is competitive. I use usforex.com to check the exchange rate.

virginprune
Posted
Posted

WorldRemit allows £3000 per transaction from UK. The exchange rate is about 1 peso below top rate, fee for transaction to bank account is £6.90. You can do this with your debit card to the receiver's account. Takes minutes to BDO and a couple of other banks, 24 hours to other banks. I have used it often and had no problems whatsoever. The receiver will be notified by text when in their account and yourself via email.

• Like 1

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted

Transferwise has been good for me. The fee is not the only variable. Make sure the exchange rate is competitive. I use usforex.com to check the exchange rate.

this is from the UK to the philippines?

Guy F.
Posted
Posted

this is from the UK to the philippines?

US to the PI. I send money to a US bank which sends it to the PI. I don't have to wire funds internationally, which saves money for me. They are headquartered in the UK I believe.