Comets Probably Won't End Life As We Know It

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

Who gives a darn???? it is not like we could do anything about it anyway, but I do like the way they say probably lolCrashing comets probably won't cause the end of life as we know it, a study said Thursday.Disaster movie writers can take heart, however. The study doesn't preclude the threat of a massive asteroid strike, which is believed to have ended the dinosaur era.http://www.mb.com.ph/articles/213760/comet...life-we-know-it

jamesmusslewhite
Posted
Posted (edited)

Well imagine that 40 years ago it was the New Ice Age that was going to kill life as we knew it. 25 years we have been waiting for the big rock that is going to wipe us out. Now the Lack of the Ice Age and the Globe returning to the days before the big freeze ever stated is going to kill us. The Oceans are going to swallows us. The Sun is Cooling and inching closer. Cow fart are killing the Ozone. and on and on and on. Yet each event comes and goes or is just proven wrong.The Earth will still be here long after we are all dust, and there will be some other paranoid brainchild with a new theory to drive the masses scurrying around like scared herd animals. That is why we are referred to as sheep, because we are always afraid of something.Here is a thought: Maybe just maybe science has their heads stuck so far up each other's asses that they do not no dick. They can tell you how the world began and explain cosmic phenomenon they can barely see through a microscope. yet they can not explain why we sleep, swing our arms when we walk. can not cure the common cold, cure baldness, stop acne, explain what is on the bottom of the oceans, or finally decide what did come first, the chicken or the egg? Truth is science argues and contradicts it's self ever step of the way. They do not know dick, but only are guessing. They will act as if they are pompous airbags and stick their noses done at those that dare disbelieve as if they are mental inferiors. Yet they are always proven wrong. We are stupid yet they were wrong, just a bunch of little no nothing dicks. The more we advance down the road the more they find that those before them were on the wrong path.I just can not wait to see what the next doomsday fad will be. some where their are some dip sh%ts trying to make one up, that you can be sure. There always is. You see it is easier to try to invent how we are all going to die, that to invent those things that will make our lives worth living.

Edited by jamesmusslewhite

Mik
Posted
Posted

It's more likely the next big disasters will be caused by humans. WWIII and/or the use of nuclear weapon(s) are probable in the next few years.

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
It's more likely the next big disasters will be caused by humans. WWIII and/or the use of nuclear weapon(s) are probable in the next few years.
Darn it, and I was buying a lot of comet insurance. :th_thholysheep: :wt-hell:

Mik
Posted
Posted

I had a '63 Comet years ago. Auto insurance was pretty cheap on that. :th_thholysheep:

Travis
Posted
Posted (edited)
Who gives a darn???? it is not like we could do anything about it anyway, but I do like the way they say probablylolCrashing comets probably won't cause the end of life as we know it, a study said Thursday.Disaster movie writers can take heart, however. The study doesn't preclude the threat of a massive asteroid strike, which is believed to have ended the dinosaur era.http://www.mb.com.ph/articles/213760/comet...life-we-know-it
these threats come and go so I am with you who cares. I just hope if one falls that it does not fall on me Edited by Traveler