House Construction

ramon
Posted
Posted

HOW DO MOST CARPENTERS WORK? not all carpenters in the country are properly trained, good if one can get a highly skilled one cause they can manage on their own without the necessity of checking them from time to time, otherwise you have to observe them that what you really want them done is right, otherwise you have to have a good foreman to oversee what their doing.This I can say based on experience.

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
HOW DO MOST CARPENTERS WORK? not all carpenters in the country are properly trained, good if one can get a highly skilled one cause they can manage on their own without the necessity of checking them from time to time, otherwise you have to observe them that what you really want them done is right, otherwise you have to have a good foreman to oversee what their doing.This I can say based on experience.
Hi Ramon, I happened to know a great carpenter there in Cebu if you need one. just pm or email me and I can give you his number. His name is Jon and he is like a brother to me. He built Phat Thursdays and many other things and has done work for another forum member. I hope your home is coming along well.

Mik
Posted
Posted

Being skilled is only half of it. The other quality a good worker must have is to follow instructions and do it your way.

samatm
Posted
Posted

I second that Morey! My wife brought a carpenter over from d province...who was a total jackass...Slept in our living , ate our food, only had hand tools, never drew anything...wouldn't listne...oh good grief.. the experience makes me cringe...but he was cheap.. You get what you pay for :th_thholysheep: . He lasted a week....

ramon
Posted
Posted
Hi Ramon, I happened to know a great carpenter there in Cebu if you need one. just pm or email me and I can give you his number. His name is Jon and he is like a brother to me. He built Phat Thursdays and many other things and has done work for another forum member. I hope your home is coming along well.
Thanks for the concern, my house construction is indeed doing well, i brought out this topic for heard some friends of mine about such predicament , in a way could help anyone that it is necessary to monitor their work.

ramon
Posted
Posted

in buying your materials, once you had fully canvassed , say cement, still you need some more, it is best that you still do canvass other stores from time to time especially if such commodities price is volatile, for at times the other store may sell at a lesser price compared as before, this i can vouch on experience.