Visa Question For A Canadian

jaycad
Posted
Posted

Hey all,

Myself and my girlfriend are going to the Phillipines for three months in early September, and i've got a question regarding the Visa.

Her dad travels there usually once a year, often for months at a time, and never gets a Visa before leaving (as far as I know), and said in order to stay for extended periods of time, you just have to go somewhere and pay around $30 Canadian to have something extended.

I haven't done anything in term of applying for a Visa, as my girlfriend told me I don't need anything in order to travel there (her mom is from the Phillipines, and she lived there 5 years herself).

I'm a little concerned now, as I had read that I need a tourist Visa if i'm planning on staying for more than 30 days, and three months extends a little past that time frame.

Can anyone help me out here?

Thanks!

Jay

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

At the end of 30 days you will be required to do an extension to remain the additional two months.  You can use the search function to find lots of information on what is required as well as the cost involved.

jaycad
Posted
Posted

At the end of 30 days you will be required to do an extension to remain the additional two months.  You can use the search function to find lots of information on what is required as well as the cost involved.

Thanks for the reply!

My question is, can I go there without the Visa, and then do it all while i'm over there?

Thanks again,

Jay

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Thanks for the reply!

My question is, can I go there without the Visa, and then do it all while i'm over there?

Thanks again,

Jay

Yes as long as you have at least six months validity left on your passport and an onward or return ticket. You can extend up to 36 months before having to leave the country. Please take the time to read this visa section of the forum.  :thumbsup:

Here is the list of countries where a visa is not required, item 9 , http://www.immigration.gov.ph/faqs/travel-req

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
you just have to go somewhere and pay around $30 Canadian to have something extended.

That money is completely incorrect.  You can come here without a visa and stay for 30 days with nothing but your passport.

Sometime before the 30 days is up you need to go to an immigration office and pay approximately CDN$ 90 to extend for another 29 days (some do this on arrival at the airport but you can do it later.)

At the 59 day point you must again go to the immigration and pay approximately CDN$ 230 to extend for another 2 months.

There is additional paperwork (ACR card) at the 59 day mark which is why it is so expensive and this is why many people leave before 59 days.   These numbers are based on current Canadian dollar exchange rates which really suck right now.

• Like 1