Using A Cell Phone As A Video Camera

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

Are there any A/V experts out there?

I have a Samsung Galaxy S3 with a nice video camera feature.  It makes a nice video.  What I want is to attach a cordless, remote microphone that I can pin to my lapel and get better, close up, sound when making the video.

My original thought was to get a Bluetooth microphone like i would use for making phone calls but the Internet says that will not link to the video camera, only to the phone portion of the S3.

I will only be standing a few feet from the Camera/phone but I want clear audio.  Any suggestions?

• Like 3

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Not an audio expert at all but wanted to ask if all cell phone videos that seem get uploaded to youtube have that reduced screen size look? You know blacked out at the sides. Anyway depending on what you intend to do with the video it might be better to invest in another type of video camera. 

• Like 1

Gerald Glatt
Posted
Posted
You know blacked out at the sides.

Think thats from holding the phone vertically,  better picture on the horizontal.

but with waterproof video camera for under $75 why not get one and avoid an accident with a much more expense phone.

• Like 1