How To Find A House For Rent In Subic Or Palawan ? (Long Term)

Ray61
Posted
Posted

Hello to everybody.

I live in Agoo, La Union with my son (23 years old, a little disable) and we would like to move to Subic, or if we don't find in Subic, maybe in Palawan. It's not easy for me to let my son alone, several days to visit these places myself. So, I try first to look through Internet but it's not easy to find in the web, houses or apartments for rent (long term). So, maybe, some people, on this forum, could give me some contacts or links to find that. We need at least 2 bed rooms, apartment or house fully furnished. We don't care about standing. We are looking something a little cheap. No need also, to be on, or near the beach.

Also, feel free to let me your reaction about the choice between these two places, Subic or Palawan. I know, they are very different and I know their differences (It's the third time that I live in Philippines, I lived already, in Mindanao, Angeles City and now Agoo in La Union)

Thank you in advance for your help.

Ray

chris49
Posted
Posted

Olongapo, Barangay Barreto, still very popular with American's and in my opinion likely to have better facilities, at least cheaper than Palawan.

Olongapo is 10 km north from Subic. It will not be cheaper than Agoo.

The difficulty with your request is looking "cheap", if I was looking cheap, I would not look at either one of those places.

You have a few forum members from Subic on here, I think you will get your replies soon.

mogo51
Posted
Posted

I am sorry but cannot assist with your request, but hope other members come to the fore.  Good luck and welcome to the forum.

Ray61
Posted
Posted

In Mindanao (Iligan), my rent was 7K  for a very big 3 BR non furnished (2008), in Angeles 10 K for a big 2 BR non furnished in subdivision on the Fields (2013), in Agoo 10 K for a big 2 BR furnished (2015).
I just received from Palawan, some proposal of houses in subdivisions for a 2 BR furnished 20K. 

In Subic, I hope to find something around 15-20K, furnished. Possible or not?

jon1
Posted
Posted

It may be possible outside of the Freeport to find something in that price range. Check out OLX for listings. I can send you a real estate broker's info via private message if you want. Fully furnished inside the Freeport usually starts at around 25K/mo.

Ray61
Posted
Posted

Thank you Jon1. Yes, if you have a contact, you can give me through pm.
Yes, I see that in the freeport, it's expensive or very very expensive.

My maximum is 20.

chris49
Posted
Posted

You would not live inside the Freeport in your situation. Transportation in/out and around is going to be veryexpensive.

Ray61
Posted
Posted

You would not live inside the Freeport in your situation. Transportation in/out and around is going to be veryexpensive.

I don't plan to be in the Freeport, and usualy I drive a motorbike. I did the same during several years in Pattaya, where my home was 6 km far from the center.

• Like 2