Us Phone # In Pi For Texting

intrepid
Posted
Posted

I'm looking for a phone or better yet an app which uses a US phone number that will recieve text in the Philippines that support business-to-person.

I have the magic jack app on my phone but only supports person-to-person text.

My AT&T service and T-Mobile bothwould work but I would rather have an app because I need it only to receive a text maybe 5 per year and would seem foolish to pay a monthly service for that only.

I seem to remember some phones locals are using to text only for cheap to US and back.

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

You can get a free Google phone # and read the texts like e-mails??  

intrepid
Posted
Posted

You can get a free Google phone # and read the texts like e-mails??  

The problem I am running into is most of these type apps and pre-pay phones do not support computer generated aka business-to-person sms only person-to-person.  I needed these for text for large wire transfers.  I may have to rethink this plan and adjust.  I have until April 2016 when we move.  By the way I retire this FRIDAY :dance: :540:

• Like 5

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted (edited)

I did not know it was different until a few days ago.  I use MagicJack (with free texting) and gave the number to a software company to send me a code.  They said they could not send a text to the number.  Luckily it did not need to be a US number, so I gave them my PI phone number and got the text.  Not sure why family can text it but businesses can't.

Edited by Tukaram (Tim)

Dolby
Posted
Posted

Try:

Pinger.com

Voxox.com

• Like 1