Tips On Travelling To Us For The First Time

karlen
Posted
Posted

Hi everyone, 3 months ago i posted a question about getting a tourist visa. Luckily i got approved and hubby and i are taking our first trip to the US soon. Im trying to come up with a checklist to make sure we have everything in order. Hubby has a permanent resident visa and we have been married for 3 years already.

In my list now i have to get CFO sticker, and hubby needs to get ECC, going to buy some dollars here too before we leave, going to bring my certificate of employment and marriage certificate. Is there anything i missed?

Im quite nervous since this is my first trip and wanna make sure i dont leave anything out.

• Like 3

jon1
Posted
Posted

Congrats on your successful application!  It looks like you have your ducks in a row on preparation. I do not think that you need to bring anything else. When you get to the US, go with your husband in the US Passport/Green Card line. We were told by the US Immigration officer that we could do that (we went in separate lines on our first trip). 

• Like 4

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted (edited)

I'm planning on doing the same thing with my wife in a few years. It will just be for her to meet my family and friends and not to permanently settle down there. That will come later.

My wife reads what I post here so she knows where I stand on her visit. She's excited for you and like me, wished you well.

Bon Voyage.

Edited by Gratefuled
  • Like 2

karlen
Posted
Posted

Thanks jon and gratefuled! :)

Jon, even if i'm on b1/b2 visa i can line up at that counter?

• Like 1

jon1
Posted
Posted

Thanks jon and gratefuled! :)

Jon, even if i'm on b1/b2 visa i can line up at that counter?

If you are with your husband, yes.

karlen
Posted
Posted

I'll try it. thanks again! :)