Pldt And Tv

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

PLDT, TVolution, Telpad, Watchpad, Smart TV, Cignal

All these things run on together when PLDT trys to sell me on watching tv through their Internet service and none of it makes any sense to me.

What is the simple plan to link my PLDT service to my TV so I can watch it like cable tv?  Anyone done it?

PLDT even phones me up to tell me how great the service is and how it will ONLY cost me an extra 1200 pesos a month and I am thinking WTF.  Sounds good but sounds expensive and complicated.

Any experts out there?

earthdome
Posted
Posted

I expect that in the Philippines it is less common to have the necessary bandwidth to stream TV channels over the internet. I know I did not have the bandwidth for that. I used Sky Cable TV. It only cost 1000 pesos/month for their best CATV package including a bunch of HD channels. If you want CATV go with a CATV provider if you can get it. Sky Cable TV had packages that were much lower cost per month.

• Like 1

Richieboy67
Posted
Posted (edited)

I looked into pldt awhile ago and I do recall that had some packages that include TV, internet and phone.

They are not giving you TV through the internet. I believe they are just using the same cable. Correct me if I'm mistaken.

Are there any cable or internet cable packages that are not long term contract?

Edited by Richieboy67
  • Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
They are not giving you TV through the internet. I believe they are just using the same cable

Sounds good. I will ask them about that.

go with a CATV provider if you can get it.

That's the problem.  The area of the subdivision I live in has been opened for 9 months and SkyCable have been promising me cable for that long but there are still no providers here.  PLDT was in here like flies on sh**.  They had me hooked up to Internet within 2 months of the house being completed.  Thats FAST for Philippnes.

• Like 2