Have Any Of You Heard Of Tivo ?

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted

It is a digital tv recording device. It is not yet available in the Philippines but it is in Australia and New Zealand, I believe.

I was just wondering if you know of any tv recording device here in PI that allows the viewer to record tv programs, shows, sports or specials while one is away from home.

TIVO allows one to watch a live tv program while recording another at the same time. Some sport events are being played in another country with different time zones and it is sometimes difficult to watch if it's on early in the morning. I have watched golf tournaments at times when my wife is asleep. I either have to watch it in another room or she has to sleep in the other room. Not practical.

I'm sure the Philippines will soon catch up with the rest of the world. I hope so.

intrepid
Posted
Posted

I think a DVR would do this for you. 

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted

I think a DVR would do this for you. 

Yes, I know but are any available in the PI  that you know of. TIVO  is just a brand name.

Guy F.
Posted
Posted

TIVO is worth the price to be able to watch what you want when you want and skip the commercials.

• Like 1

Richieboy67
Posted
Posted

If you get a video card that supports it you can record TV right to your computer.

intrepid
Posted
Posted

Check philsecurity.com Looks like several models to choose from.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free