Beware Of Olx.com Scammers !!

expatuk2014
Posted
Posted

A relative has just been scammed on OLX by a seller using the Identity of a Respected Doctor who works in the Chinese Hospital in Manila , The scammer had arranged prospective buyers to go to the Doctors room at 12.30 Tuesday on a 1st come 1st served basis the items for sale were an Iphone 5s-a Ipad mini-and a lenovo Mobile.

It was discovered that the doctor did not have these items for sale ! and the scammer had conned 4 people into sending him money via western union !

And it has turned out he is using fake ids of the Doctor !! the Doctor is not amused ! the NBI are looking into this ! be warned !!

a good site to check OLX known scammers is http://www.reklamo.ph/

• Like 5

Thomas
Posted
Posted (edited)

:thumbsup:      I mean to the info link, not to the scammers  :)

Here are mainly investment/business types of scams discussed  http://www.pinoymoneytalk.com/forum/index.php?board=145.0

Edit: 

The scammer had arranged prospective buyers to go to the Doctors room at 12.30 Tuesday on a 1st come 1st served basis the items for sale were an Iphone 5s-a Ipad mini-and a lenovo Mobile. It was discovered that the doctor did not have these items for sale ! and the scammer had conned 4 people into sending him money via western union !
   How STUPID can people be?!   :mocking:  Why SENDING pay in advance, when the product will be FETCHED??? !!!  Edited by Thomas

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted

I would never ever buy anything sight unseen online in the Philippines.

• Like 3

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

I would never ever buy anything sight unseen online in the Philippines.

I would only buy something (and pay upfront) anywhere if I trusted the site

Steve & Myrlita
Posted
Posted

I so far only do it with aliexpesss. They have the 60 day delivery and condition warranty. If the seller doesn't cooperate, Ali does the refund and they in turn go after the seller. So far so good. Hope it stays that way.