El Kabayo Riding Stables - Eagle

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted (edited)

We finally stopped by El Kabayo stables here in Subic.  It is a very nice place;  quiet and relaxing.  I think we are going to do some pre-nuptial photos there and our older daughter wants to ride a horse there.  Riding costs p350 per 1/2 hour but they have some lower cost longer options.  The horses we saw seemed to be healthy and the guy told me all their horses are gentle.

We saw an eagle sitting in a tree and he seemed very tame.  The stables are associated with W.I.N. Wildlife In Need, so he might be a rescue or something.

Added by edit:  Here is a short video of a couple of a few horses.  They released them from a corral near the entrance building and they galloped over to the barns where we were.  I just caught the end.  It must have been dinner time!  I doubt that these are the rental horses.

https://goo.gl/photos/oof4D4awQksmDmdn6

post-1784-0-85043200-1442196645_thumb.jp

post-1784-0-80645900-1442196668_thumb.jp

Edited by OnMyWay
  • Like 4

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

Added a video that gives you a better look at the place.

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

Our last visit I rented horses at El Kabayo Stables for my son, daughter, niece and me. We took a jungle ride to a small waterfall. It really was a nice ride and a great memory for all of us.

It was my niece's 18th birthday that day. After riding we stopped for lunch up in Barretto. While we waited for our food, I ran over to the bakery to buy a cake for her. They had no cakes so I just bought her a cupcake and a candle. After dinner we sang happy birthday and gave her the cupcake. I was surprised to see my niece really break down crying. We asked her what's wrong and she said she was just so happy and that this is the best day of her life. We sure take a lot for granted sometimes.

How long is the ride if you do up and back to the falls?  I will take my 11 year there for her first horseback riding soon, and that sounds like a nice ride, but I don't want it to be too long. I know where the road entrance is to the falls but I don't know what trail the horses take.

BluesDude
Posted
Posted

Our last visit I rented horses at El Kabayo Stables for my son, daughter, niece and me. We took a jungle ride to a small waterfall. It really was a nice ride and a great memory for all of us.

It was my niece's 18th birthday that day. After riding we stopped for lunch up in Barretto. While we waited for our food, I ran over to the bakery to buy a cake for her. They had no cakes so I just bought her a cupcake and a candle. After dinner we sang happy birthday and gave her the cupcake. I was surprised to see my niece really break down crying. We asked her what's wrong and she said she was just so happy and that this is the best day of her life. We sure take a lot for granted sometimes.

How long is the ride if you do up and back to the falls? I will take my 11 year there for her first horseback riding soon, and that sounds like a nice ride, but I don't want it to be too long. I know where the road entrance is to the falls but I don't know what trail the horses take.

I don't recall how long of a ride it was. Certainly no more than 45 minutes each way. We really enjoyed it and will definitely do it again in the future. Your daughter will love it. A guide will help her as much as needed. Keep making those memories with her, they grow up fast.

• Like 4