The Bangsamoro Bill

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

I noticed in another thread that rumors of foreigners about to be kidnapped was on the rise.  Then I noticed the the peace between the Philippine government was on the rocks because it does not look like the Bangsamoro bill is going to be passed in its current form.

Will this influence our safety and security?

http://www.gmanetwork.com/news/story/536732/news/nation/malacanang-hopeful-congress-can-pass-bbl

Malacañang hopeful Congress can pass BBL
September 13, 2015 6:01pm
Tags: bangsamorobasiclaw, moroislamicliberationfront
Malacañang on Sunday reaffirmed its belief in Congress' ability to pass the proposed Bangsamoro Basic Law (BBL) even if both Senate and the House of Representatives have ruled out any chance of passing the bill in its original form.

In an interview over the state-run dzRB radio, Communications Secretary Herminio “Sonny” Coloma Jr. said the Aquino administration continues to coordinate with Congress to pass a “meaningful” Bangsamoro bill.

“Naniniwala si Pangulong Aquino na mahalagang bahagi ng mabubuong batas ang mga prinsipyo hinggil sa pagkamit ng matatag na katahimikan at pangmatagalang pag-unlad ng Bangsamoro,” he said.

Though the measure is still under the period of interpellation in both the Senate and the House, Coloma said Malacañang is hopeful that Congress will do everything to ensure its passage.

In particular, the Palace spokesperson acknowledged the efforts of Cagayan de Oro Rep. Rufus Rodriguez, chair of the ad hoc committee on the BBL, to pass the bill before Sept. 28, or before the proposed 2016 budget bill is brought out to the plenary.

“Batid natin ang pagsisikap ng mga lider ng Kongreso kabilang na si Congressman Rufus Rodriguez na isagawa na ang deliberasyon sa plenaryo para maihatid na sa botohan at mabuo na itong Bangsamoro Basic Law. At buo ang ating pag-asa na ginagawa nila ang nararapat para sa napapanahong pagpasa ng Bangsamoro Basic Law,” Coloma said.

The House leadership earlier said it plans to pass the Bangsamoro bill, now called the proposed Basic Law for the Bangsamoro Autonomous Region (BLBAR), before Sept. 28 since consideration of pending bills is usually shelved when the budget bill is on the floor.

Leaders of both Houses of Congress, however, have ruled out the possibility of passing the proposed Bangsamoro Basic Law in its original form.

Senator Ferdinand “Bongbong” Marcos Jr., chair of the Senate committee on local government tackling the Bangsamoro bill, said the Supreme Court will strike down the measure as unconstitutional just like it did the 2008 Memorandum of Agreement on Ancestral Domain (MOA-AD) if Congress passes it without any changes.

Three senators, meanwhile, had warned the Moro Islamic Liberation Front against threatening Congress on what the armed group will do should the BBL be passed in another form than what it prefers.

Senator Juan Edgardo Angara said threatening Congress “might be counter-productive,” while Senator Ralph Recto said the caustic statements of the armed group will not help their case anyway.

The MILF was quoted as saying in a statement last week that the decommissioning of its armed forces will not push through if Congress passes a watered-down version of the BBL.

At least 14 senators have expressed readiness to interpellate. Among those who have already finished their interpellations were Senators Pia Cayetano, Bam, Aquino, and Aquilino Pimentel III.

By Marcos' estimates, it would take up to six weeks for Senate to wrap up its plenary discussions on the proposed BBL, while three weeks would be spent for interpellation and another three weeks for amendments. — Xianne Arcangel/BM, GMA News

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Will this influence our safety and security?

If it does on the Negative, it will just show what a lot of Twoddle it was to begin with. But then we have all heard this sort of thing before. never for all, just them, them, them and then, the problems start

Sorry but this is me.

JP :tiphat:

• Like 2

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted

Do I understand correctly that the MILF is "threatening" Congress to pass the BBL in its original form " or else"? 

"or else" WHAT? More of the same?  " violence", "bombings", "kidnappings" "ambushes" "beheadings"

I thought the BBL was all about "peace".

Why does it seem that the tail wants to wag the dog?

Actually, I do not see the BBL passing in its original form. There seems to be too much opposition. If it is approved at all, it will probably be amended (watered down). I for one hope it is not approved at all in any way shape or form.

I live in Mindanao now, but not for long. BBL  or no BBL.

• Like 2

Gerald Glatt
Posted
Posted

In Florida MILF has a much nicer definition.

Although I have several Muslim friends, politically they seem a bit right of Hitler.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Although I have several Muslim friends, politically they seem a bit right of Hitler.

post-2148-0-08212400-1442277758.gif Hmmmmmmmmmm here seems the Divide, "Muslim" aka Islamic is supposedly the Religion of Peace, When did it become a Political Party? post-2148-0-08592000-1442277850.png This seems to be the inference, Back to the Middle Ages when the Church/Religion ruled the world. Kin Glad I am nearly past it all. :lol:

Just asking :)

JP :tiphat:

• Like 2