Are There Any Condos In Subic?

johnbarley
Posted
Posted

I mean real condos where I as a foreigner can own the title.

Can't seem to find any despite of there being a lot of foreigners there. Isn't that odd?

If not, what are my options? Thank you.

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted

Welcome John, I typed in "Subic bay condos for sale" into google and one link had 26 listings. So yes there are.

I will let others say for sure, but I believe a Condo is the only "property" a non-citizen can own. You can have the title to a house in your name, but not the property. Generally condos are the only exception.

• Like 1

jon1
Posted
Posted

There are only a few condos in Subic. Most residential property available are houses. You cannot "own" any of the Subic properties. You can however, buy the "leasehold rights" that you can resell later on should you decide to. The "leasehold rights" are long term leases that start at 50 years. I would avoid investing in any of the condos in Subic Bay Holiday Villas. A friend of mine has a condo there and has an issue with the "leasehold rights" documentation. https://www.google.nl/maps/place/Subic+Holiday+Villas/@14.8257978,120.3065916,17z/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x0000000000000000:0x8dfde4e26c3478f9

• Like 2

chris49
Posted
Posted

When you are talking "inside Subic" as per what I knew up to 5 years ago, the possibilities are limited. A search outside the Subic Bay Economic Zone eg Olongapo in the Province of Zambales, but part of Metro Subic just north. Or maybe in Bataan to the south or even in Pampanga just east, is likely to turn a up quite a few possibilities.

Since Olongapo City has a population on 221, 000, that would be the most likely place to search.

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

I mean real condos where I as a foreigner can own the title.

Can't seem to find any despite of there being a lot of foreigners there. Isn't that odd?

If not, what are my options? Thank you.

I think what his question is, can you "own" rather than "long term lease" a condo within the Subic Bay Freeport Zone.  No, you can't.  As Jon stated, they are all long term leases.

This building sells units on long term lease but this ad is a for rent.  There are only a few condo buildings in the Freeport.

http://olx.ph/item/fully-furnished-condo-for-rent-in-subic-bay-freeport-zone-ID6M60z.html?p=2#6ab3ee9036

This is a new development being advertised.  Prices are a joke.  No construction has started and I don't know the location.

http://olx.ph/item/casa-de-selva-subic-bay-freeport-zone-condo-development-ID6Qf8O.html?p=3#6ab3ee9036

• Like 1

Methersgate
Posted
Posted

If you have a LOT of money, there is a nice apartment block recently completed at Anvaya Cove. 

• Like 1