Party With The Tourists

Panserhansen
Posted
Posted

During the summer we've had visitors from Norway overlapping each others from July 1 until now. Usually my wife and I live a quiet life here, maybe out once a week or so. But these tourists are here on vacation so they never want to stay at home in the evenings. And they don't slow down on the drinks!This Friday the last of them will go back home :23_11_62[1]: , and we look forward going back to normal again. Party here is fun, but it might have been a little too much! :thumbsup: Even with the cheap prices the costs have really increased, and I don't think I will have a beer for quite a while.Anyone else experiencing the same when you have people visiting?

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
During the summer we've had visitors from Norway overlapping each others from July 1 until now. Usually my wife and I live a quiet life here, maybe out once a week or so. But these tourists are here on vacation so they never want to stay at home in the evenings. And they don't slow down on the drinks!This Friday the last of them will go back home :540: , and we look forward going back to normal again. Party here is fun, but it might have been a little too much! :7500: Even with the cheap prices the costs have really increased, and I don't think I will have a beer for quite a while.Anyone else experiencing the same when you have people visiting?
Yes Lars, not only do my costs go up when friends visit but so does my waste line. :540: :thumbsup: :23_11_62[1]: We had so many friend visit this past year that we were out drinking way too many nights and that beer can really add to the pounds on me. I am still having a hard time getting back down to the weight I was when we arrived earlier this year. Visitors are nice but too many can often bring about multiple problems and for us and it might have even cut into your work time.Unfortunately many of last years visitors had such a good time that they now want to come back again next year while we are there, so I really need to go on a diet and save up some more bucks. :540:

Panserhansen
Posted
Posted

Interesting to notice Lee, and I bet there are many others out there. It's nice to have visitors, but I think one should try to set some limits. It's even worse if there are more visitors, always someone who wants to go out for a beer or 10. I've also noticed that most of the expats and wifes who live in Cebu seem a lot more relaxed when they're out, compared to the tourists. It's not rocket science - the expats here are on a budget while the tourists have been saving up and can spend lots more. And it's very expensive living like a tourist, I've always said "I cannot afford to live like a tourist here". So now it's rice, dried fish and water for a month or so!Another thing that concerns me, is that most visitors I only see once a year while we're here. So you don't want to be a party brake either. You do want to spend the valuable time together. But I guess next time I will explain to the visitors that we cannot follow up that much. I think it's not always that easy finding the right balance.We've had a great time with the visitors but now it's about time to find the peaceful rythm again!

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
During the summer we've had visitors from Norway overlapping each others from July 1 until now. Usually my wife and I live a quiet life here, maybe out once a week or so. But these tourists are here on vacation so they never want to stay at home in the evenings. And they don't slow down on the drinks!This Friday the last of them will go back home :540: , and we look forward going back to normal again. Party here is fun, but it might have been a little too much! :7500: Even with the cheap prices the costs have really increased, and I don't think I will have a beer for quite a while.Anyone else experiencing the same when you have people visiting?
Yes Lars, not only do my costs go up when friends visit but so does my waste line. :540: :thumbsup: :23_11_62[1]: We had so many friend visit this past year that we were out drinking way too many nights and that beer can really add to the pounds on me. I am still having a hard time getting back down to the weight I was when we arrived earlier this year. Visitors are nice but too many can often bring about multiple problems and for us and it might have even cut into your work time.Unfortunately many of last years visitors had such a good time that they now want to come back again next year while we are there, so I really need to go on a diet and save up some more bucks. :540:
Ha, no need to worry about your waist line now Lee,by the time you loose it I will be there in Cebu forcingit all back on again,beers,party's food,ah cant wait,your shout of course SugarwareZ-011.gif :559: day one :540: day two :551: three :7500: four :7500: five,,,,,,,,,, but whos counting

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
Ha, no need to worry about your waist line now Lee,by the time you loose it I will be there in Cebu forcingit all back on again,beers,party's food,ah cant wait,your shout of course SugarwareZ-011.gif :7500: day one :7500: day two :7500: three :540: four :540: five,,,,,,,,,, but whos counting
:23_11_62[1]: Actually I got lost at 3, can't count much higher :thumbsup: but I will enjoy putting on the pounds along with you my friend. :540:

tom_shor
Posted
Posted
During the summer we've had visitors from Norway overlapping each others from July 1 until now. Usually my wife and I live a quiet life here, maybe out once a week or so. But these tourists are here on vacation so they never want to stay at home in the evenings. And they don't slow down on the drinks!This Friday the last of them will go back home :23_11_59[1]: , and we look forward going back to normal again. Party here is fun, but it might have been a little too much! :7500: Even with the cheap prices the costs have really increased, and I don't think I will have a beer for quite a while.Anyone else experiencing the same when you have people visiting?
It can be stressful but it is understandable. Who wants to take their vacation, fly halfway around the world to an exotic tropical island then stay at home nights and watch tv? Just get them to spread out their visits next time. :13_4_10[1]: