Ecc Question For Those Of You Who Have Gotten One B4

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

I went down to Olongapo City BI today and got an ECC before my Saturday flight to Hong Kong.  Relatively painless and quick, except I had to go back home to get more 2 X 2 photos.  I didn't know you need 3.

However, later I looked at the little slip of paper that they stapled in my passport that says Certification on it.  It is not dated and signed by the "Registration Officer".  I think I need to go back and get it signed?

What say you?

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted (edited)
What say you?

I think it depends on the BI official at the exit gate as to whether or not it will be a problem.  I have had some of them just glance at it and not really care.  I had one who almost did not let me through because I had removed the "official receipt" which was stapled to the ECC.  I told him, of course I removed it,  I put it in my drawer at home where I keep all the official receipts.  He was seriously going to make me go home and get it but my cute filipina partner was with me and she gave him the "sad eyes" and he backed down.

As we say on here, YMMV

EDIT:  All the ones I have had were 2 or more years ago.  They all looked like this pic that I stole of the Internet and they were all signed like this one is signed

post-41-0-09086400-1442826887_thumb.png

Edited by Dave Hounddriver
  • Like 2

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
They all looked like this pic that I stole of the Internet and they were all signed like this one is signed

Thanks Dave.  Mine also is just like that and I watched him sign that.  However, in my passport they stapled a 1" X 7" slip of paper that says:

Certification

This certifies that (my name) appeared before me with captured biometric data, under SSRN Number (my number) dated (blank date) at BI Olongapo

Not signed

-------------------------------------------------------

Registration Officer / Alien Control Officer

(Signature over printed name)

Have you ever seen this slip in the passport?  It is really not a big deal to stop by there tomorrow, so I will.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
Have you ever seen this slip in the passport?

Ahhhh yes.  Never seen it but heard about it.  Means they certify you have 'participated' in the ARP, Alien Registration Program when you give all the info on kids and parents etc.  Not sure if married guys have to do that but all us guys on tourist visas must have it done.

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

Have you ever seen this slip in the passport?

Ahhhh yes.  Never seen it but heard about it.  Means they certify you have 'participated' in the ARP, Alien Registration Program when you give all the info on kids and parents etc.  Not sure if married guys have to do that but all us guys on tourist visas must have it done.

Ah, OK, makes sense.  I'll stop by tomorrow and double check it.  I think he just forgot to sign it.  I'll bring my ARP receipt just to be safe.

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

I went back down to Olongapo City BI this morning.  There was a guy there with the 2 guards, sawing the lock off of the roller doors.  I guess somebody misplaced the key!

However, the guard knew about the little slip right away and without hesitation said it did not need to be signed.  I did not mention it above, but apparently they have trained up the 2 guards to be screeners, and the one I talked to yesterday seemed to know his chit, so I will trust him this time.

Just in case it is helpful to someone, here is the little slip that they stapled to the inner back cover of my passport.  I'm not sure who will use it or take it, but I will leave it there until further notice.

post-1784-0-97951100-1442884115_thumb.jp

• Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Just in case it is helpful to someone, here is the little slip that they stapled to the inner back cover of my passport.  I'm not sure who will use it or take it, but I will leave it there until further notice.  

That is your ARP Registration Certificate, We were told that in due Course it will be used for many things including getting an ECC on it it has your own registration Number, we were told also not to remove it.

source; Dumaguete BI. ACO

JP :thumbsup:

• Like 4