Cost Of Med's

patmac
Posted
Posted

Big drug  companies are jacking prices in the states like crazy!!!   I just priced a drug for Gout ( Allopurinol )      Zyloprim 300 MG brand name.  Price in states is139.00 for  30 Pill's . In Canada it's $30.00 And a 3 to 4 week's for delivery . Last year i payed $19.00 .Can anyone tell me the price  including the DR visit  in Dumaguete  I should be overt here in a few week's      Thank's for the info    

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
Can anyone tell me the price  including the DR visit  in Dumaguete

Its available at The Generics Pharmacy so it will be cheap, http://www.thegenericspharmacy.com/medicine-products/gout/alluprex/allopurinol-tab-300mg-alluprex

But they don't list the price as they used to and its a bit far for me to wander down there and look.  Doctor's visit will only be 500 pesos or less to get a prescription and I doubt they will ask for one.   Bring the one you have from home or just bring the old packaging and tell them you want a refill.  It will be a breeze so long as they have stock.

• Like 1

patmac
Posted
Posted

Thank's guys 

chris49
Posted
Posted

Big drug  companies are jacking prices in the states like crazy!!!   I just priced a drug for Gout ( Allopurinol )      Zyloprim 300 MG brand name.  Price in states is139.00 for  30 Pill's . In Canada it's $30.00 And a 3 to 4 week's for delivery . Last year i payed $19.00 .Can anyone tell me the price  including the DR visit  in Dumaguete  I should be overt here in a few week's      Thank's for the info    

Non branded the generic version? 2.50 pesos per 300 mgm tablet.=about $6 per 100.  A very common medicine and widely available.

Doc visit?  They might see the locals for 300. For us around 500, that's the way it works here.

RBM
Posted
Posted

Patmac I used to also suffer gout, also tried allopurinol, more success with colchicine. Now just take Pantorthenic Acid (vitamin B5) and since started with one tablet a day never had any indication of gout again. (Touch wood) Yes I also enjoy a beer or two plus, often indulge in the wrong food but....no gout.

• Like 1

patmac
Posted
Posted

Thank's for that RBM  i had Gout 20 yrs  ago . And someone told me to take B5 then & haven't had an attack of gout in years  . Buying B5 today  .  I do have Colchicine just in case i get a severe attack , was taking Allopurinol for maintains  Thank,s  Pat