Refractory Cement, Firebricks, Pizza Stone?

miguelsp
Posted
Posted

I am looking for refractory cement to build a oven. As well I am interested in firebricks and a pizza stone.

Thanks.

• Like 2

Vince Runza
Posted
Posted

I know there was a guy in Mindanao who was working with a local business that handled those materials. Alas, I have no contact info, as he is no longer a member of the discussion group where I found him.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
Bohol Guy
Posted
Posted

Find a place that makes red pottery, they will likely sell bags of red clay. The place I found also baked bricks fairly well in a kiln. There's a limewash product that comes in 4 gallon cans that can be used for cooked lime, and silicate I found at the place that baked bricks. I have a cement mixer I bought years ago when a local widening effort was done. Take the red clay, lime, and silicate and mix them up with some cement. The refractory ingredients will become stronger with heat while the cement breaks down. One picks up the job from the other.

I have notes on portions I can dig out if you need proportion from them. First though, gotta find local folks making red oven bricks and using silicate.

• Like 1